Monday, September 26, 2016

Picking Pears - September 26, 2016

Monday - September 26th

It's it time to learn all about canning pears.  I've been looking online and printing up recipes.  I plan to make a lot of pear sauce.  The pear tree was really full of pears.  Our plan to pick them all was to have Roger climb the tree with his hockey helmet on and shake it really hard.  We tried to lay some blankets around the base of the tree to catch as many pears as possible.  We got a lot of pears, but we also lost a lot of pears.  I have a lot of work coming my way.  Parker and Brinley helped me pick up all the pears.  We filled a large box and 2 laundry baskets with pears.  We put them in the coolest part of the basement.  Now we get to wait a few days for them to rippen.

No comments:

Post a Comment