Friday, September 16, 2016

Play dough and Another Hat - September 16, 2016

Friday - September 16th

I posted my hats on Facebook.  There was lots of interest in them, but I only got one order.  It was from my neighbor, Kenneth Unsworth.  He ordered a Bobo Fett hat.  I didn't even know who that was.  I asked him to find a picture of the hat he wanted.  So, he sent me a picture and I made it.  It took a few days for me to be able to get it finished.  I stayed up late last night to get it done.  Roger was kind enough to pose in it for me.

After Roger went to work, the kids had friends over.  Brinley had Ashlea, Melody, and Nyla over.  Parker didn't have a friend over, so he spent his time playing the Xbox.  Alissa's friend, Alice, came to hang out with Alissa.  Alissa and Alice wanted to go for a walk and they needed to go to the library, so they decided to walk there.
After they left, Brinley and her friends were looking for some barbie stuff but ended up finding our play dough toys.  They really wanted to play with play dough after that.  I decided to make crayon play dough for them.  I had them dig through the old crayons to find the colors they wanted, then I got to work.  In the middle of my making play dough, Alissa called.  She said they found a dog that was stuck in a fence.  Her and Alice saved the dog from the fence, then called the owners from the number on the dog's tags.  The owners said they were in Logan right now.  They gave the girls an address and asked them if they would put the dog over the fence in the backyard.  So, the girls were calling to see if I was okay if they went to that address.  I told them to be careful and listen to their instincts.  If either of them had a bad feeling about it, they were to stop and call me.
After I got off the phone, I noticed my neighbor, Lisa, outside.  She was chasing after her little boy, Owen.  He was in our driveway because he wanted to come and play with his sister's who were at our house.  I went out to talk to her.  They ended up coming in for a little bit.  I gave her the hat for her husband and she wrote me a check.  While we were visiting, Alissa called.  She said they couldn't find the address and they were kind of in a sketchy part of town.  Lisa agreed to stay with all the kids so I could go and help them.  I found them and tried to help them find the address.  But there was no house at the address they told me.  We drove around for a little bit, looking.  Then it clicked in my brain that maybe they heard the address wrong.  So, we went looking at the house that we thought it was.  The fence was too high.  The girls went to the door to see if anybody was home, then they were going to go to the neighbor's and ask if they would take the dog.  While they were at the door, the family showed up.  They were happy to see their dog.  They gave the girls a $10.00 reward.  The girls were very happy about that.
I got back home, Lisa and her kids left, and I spent the next hour or so finishing making the play dough.  I was exhausted by the time I finished it all and the house was a mess.  I was too tired to deal with it, so I decided to go to bed and deal with it in the morning.  It was a good day, but very busy.  I was too busy making the play dough, so I didn't get to take any pictures of the kids playing with it.  By the time I finished all of the colors, the kids were tired of playing and it was time for friends to go home.  I felt like I needed to at least take one picture, so here is a picture of the finished play dough.

No comments:

Post a Comment