Saturday, September 17, 2016

Spiral Jetty - September 17, 2016

Saturday - September 17th

Missy and Mikal were in Logan today, because Mikal ran a marathon there.  They planned to come and hang out if Mikal was feeling well enough after the race.  We decided to take them to see the Spiral Jetty.  I just think it is so fun to see.  I love the way it all looks.  The sand feels different.  The salt looks cool.  In some areas it sparkles like diamonds and in other areas it looks like ice.  This time when we went, the water looked pink and red in some places.  And there was lots of foam at the edge of the water.  I just think it is fun to see.  I had a lot of fun hanging out with Missy.  I don't get to hang out with her enough.  I was excited for her to meet our new puppy Forest and we were excited to take Forest out adventuring with us for the first time.  Forest did really well.  He loved it a lot.  We let him off his leash for a little bit and he stayed right next to us.  I'm happy that he doesn't try to run away.  It's fun when you can have the dog adventuring with you and not have the leash on.  I loved that about our dog, Mollie.

 When we first got there, Roger, Mikal, Parker, and Forest hiked up to find a geocash.








 Forest was getting thirsty, so everybody who wanted to head back to the truck went with Roger and Forest.  Missy, Alissa and I stayed by the water for a while longer.  It was fun to hang out with them.



 Alissa, Missy and I were talking when I accidentally called Missy Alissa.  I apologized and Missy pointed out that Alissa and her have the same name.  Alissa mae is Melissa in pig latin.  I was like, "No way!  That is awesome!"  I got super excited about it.  Missy looked at me like I was crazy.  Then she reminded me that we had this conversation the last time I saw her...and this is the third time that she told me and I got really excited about that fun coincident.  I remembered when she told me.  We all had a really good laugh about it.  I don't know if I explained that well enough.  I just think it is funny that every time I see her, we have the same conversation and I get super excited about it each time, then Missy reminds me that we've already had this conversation.  I guess that's one of the joys of having a bad memory..... you can hear the same story over and over and it is always just as exciting as the first time you heard it.

 Missy was throwing foam in front of the camera so it would look like it was raining foam.  It didn't work as well as I imagined it would.






















No comments:

Post a Comment