Friday, December 21, 2001

A trip to St. George and Kristen's Birthday - December 21, 2001

Friday - December 21st
I took some pictures of the little home that we made for ourselves in Roger's mom's basement.  I think we made it look very nice and homey.  I spent the morning, sewing Christmas pajama bottoms for Kristin, Elizabeth, Missy, and Myself.  I also did the laundry and packed our bags for our trip.  Roger got off work early today so we could head to St. George.  Here is the video tour of our home in the basement. 
It snowed for most of the drive, but the roads weren't too bad.  I drove for most of the way, until the roads started to get bad, then Roger took over.  We got to St. George around 7:30 pm.
Kristin is 5 years old today.  It feels like it was not that long ago when she came home from the hospital.  She was born prematurely and they really didn't think that she was going to make it.  She was in the hospital for 3 months after she was born.  When she came home, she still had to be hooked up to oxygen.  I started babysitting Kristin the month that she came home from the hospital.  I loved holding her, she was such a cute baby.  Taking care of her all the time made, me long for the time when I would have a baby of my own.  I loved taking care of her and Elizabeth.  This is the first year that I haven't taken care of them.  I had felt like they were my children.  I was there for so much of their lives.  It was so hard to quit babysitting them.  I cried a lot.  I really miss those kids.  I miss Shelley's kids a lot also.  I spent so much time with them.  It was really hard for me when they all moved to St. George.
I love coming to visit everybody in St.George.  I miss my family so much.  It feels good to be here in St. George.  Kristin's birthday party started at 8:00pm.  Kristin is so cute!  She seems shy.  I don't know if she liked all of that attention.  Actually, I'm sure she liked it, but she is just shy and not sure how to handle it.  She made some cute faces.  You can see those cute faces in this video I took of Kristen's birthday fun.
We, unknowingly, parked in someones parking spot at Linda's.  Whomever it was, came home and, since we were in their spot, they parked behind us and blocked us in.  So, leaving Linda's was a little difficult.  But we managed.  Now we are back at the Folk's house.  Also known as "the 5th wheel" or "the wheels"

No comments:

Post a Comment