Tuesday, December 4, 2001

Our Wedding - November 29, 2001

Thursday - November 29, 2001
There was a big snow storm on our wedding day.  It snowed just about all day. It was sad, because not as many people were able to make it, but it was good because it was so beautiful.  I love the snow!  The funny thing is that when I would daydream about my wedding when I was younger, I imagined that there would be snow.
When I had my bridal pictures taken, I had Kari style my hair and help my with my makeup. I never wear make up and it took forever to get my hair out of that hairstyle so I could go to bed afterward.  It was really uncomfortable and I just didn't feel like myself.  I really didn't love it, but everybody else said they did and that I looked so beautiful.  Since this is what people normally do for their weddings, I decided that I would wake up really early, so Kari could help me style my hair and put on all that make up again for my wedding day.  I really wasn't looking forward to doing that and I really didn't love the way that it looked.  When I woke up at 4:00 am that morning to get ready, I was really dreading it.  Then I started thinking about how I wouldn't feel like myself all day and how, when the day was finished, it would take me forever to get my hair out of that style so I could sleep.  I just really didn't like the thought of all of that.  So I decided not to do it.  I wanted to be comfortable and feel like myself.  So I styled my own hair in a simple comfortable style and the only make up I wore was mascara.  I knew people would judge, but I didn't care.  I felt pretty and I was comfortable and I didn't have to waste precious hours getting my hair and face back to normal afterward.  There was an unkind comment made about my lack of a hairstyle, but I really didn't care.  There was nothing that could bring me down on that day.
Driving to the temple in the morning was a little scary.  Roger got to the temple before I did and he was really worried about me.  He got in a small fender bender at the gas station on his way to the temple.  The roads were really icy.  My Mom and I got to the temple around 9:00am.  They had Roger and I wait in the celestial room while our guests were arriving.  A few guests had called the temple to let us know they were on their way, but were running late because of the bad driving conditions.  So they postponed the ceremony for a little while to let more people get there.
After the ceremony we went outside and had pictures taken.  It was very cold, but I was so happy that I didn't care.  After pictures Roger and I went and got ready for a wedding lunch at the Maddox.  I really loved our wedding lunch.  While we were eating people took turns to stand up and say a few words and congratulate us.  It was a fun way to get to know everybody there.  At one point, while Roger was speaking, Kiara (who is 2, almost 3 years old) stood up on her chair and proudly announced, "Roger is my uncle!"  It was so cute!  After lunch, Roger and I packed our stuff for our honeymoon, picked up our wedding video, and ran some other errands before the wedding reception.  I loved my wedding reception.  We had Karoake.  I sang a song to Roger.  He sang a song with me.  It was very enjoyable. 
After the reception, we went to the car wash to wash our decorated car.  They had covered it in dish soap.  It was pretty annoying trying to get that off.  We spent our first night together at the Anniversary Inn.  We stayed in the room called 'The Enchanted Forest'.  It was a really cool room.  Our bed was in a tree!  I loved it!





No comments:

Post a Comment