Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Camping Fun - June 4, 2013

Wednesday - June 4th
We went camping at Clear Creek Campground in Sawtooth National Forest.  According to the GPS it would take us 2 hours to get there.  Luckily, the GPS was wrong.  It only took us an hour.  A big chunk of the drive was on dirt roads.  We're pretty sure that's why the GPS guessed wrong.  For the whole drive there were hardly any trees or much of anything exciting to see.  Pretty the entry into the camp starts the prettier scenery with lots of trees.  It was a mixture of pine trees, St. George-y type of trees, and some quaking aspens.  I  don't love the St. George looking trees, but it was still very beautiful there.  When we were looking for what camping spot to stay in, Roger ran into someone that he works with.  They told us of some fun things to see and do while we were there.  We had planned on going on a hike, but they told us that the hike was probably too treacherous for the kids.  so instead we went to visit one of the places they told us about.
Plus, there was plenty of exploring to be done right around our campsite.  Before we came, I did some research about this area, trying to find anything interesting about it's history.  I wasn't able to find much, but I did learn that there had been some Bigfoot sightings there.  I love the mystery of Bigfoot!  The kids took me to an area that they had discovered and thought was really pretty.  While I was in there and just before we headed back to camp, I noticed a large amount of fur.  It was a lighter colored fur.  I'm such a dork - when I saw it, the thoughts in my mind were - What's this?  Could I have found some Bigfoot evidence?  That's fur, right?  Let me zoom in and take some picture.  That's definitely fur.  But it's a lighter color than Bigfoot.  Maybe it's an albino Bigfoot! - After that, I noticed a deer leg not too far away from the fur and I realized that I had found the remains of a deer.  Later, I came back to that area by myself, so I could go potty.  While I was there, I noticed a lot of really big poop.  So, of course, my thoughts go back to Bigfoot - Maybe I found Bigfoot evidence after all.  Maybe a Bigfoot at that deer.  then I hurried out of that area and back to camp.  I really don't know what I believe about Bigfoot, but I do think it is a ton of fun to imagine that Bigfoot is real.  Another mystery from our camping.  While we were out and about, our wet wipes disappeared.  Another silly Jenny thought - Bigfoot saw me while I was using the bathroom and thought, "Wow!  What a great idea! Wet Wipes!"  Then when we left, the Bigfoot (probably a female) came and stole our wet wipes.
Hahaha!  I know I'm a dork.  I just think this stuff is fun!  And the thoughts that come to my mind are so funny!

The place that Roger's acquaintance told us about was the city of Rocks.  It was about 30 miles away.  It really is out there in the middle of nowhere.  There is a tiny little town at it's entrance.  The City of Rocks is in Idaho.  It was really cool.  This was a favorite resting area for the pioneers on their way to California.  A lot of them signed their names and the date on the rocks when they stopped there.  It is fun to see all the names and dates.  We had a lot of fun hiking around on the rocks.  Next time, we will probably try camping in the city of rocks.  There is a nice looking steak house in town and a sign for Durfee Hot Spring.  We didn't go and check out the hot spring, but we will definitely do that next time.


Back at camp.  The first two pictures are the view on the drive into camp.

Alissa and Brinley were being funny and kicking their feet in the air.  Parker came running up after and had me take pictures of him doing cool jumps.  Parker brought some cars with him and spent a lot of time playing with his cars in the dirt.  He was absolutely covered in dirt.  I wish I would have taken a picture of him when he was all dirty.  His face was completely covered in dirt.  The kids had a lot of fun playing in the creek that was next to our campground.  I'm glad that they had a chance to do that.  They were smart and put on sunblock before they played in the water.  Roger and I didn't use sunblock and came home very sunburned.
 We had a rough night trying to sleep, but we survived.
In the morning, I took a video to show our fun camp site.
When we got home, we all went straight to bed.  We pretty much all slept all day.  We woke up around 7:00pm.  Then we stayed up until about 2:00 or 3:00am.  It's been crazy trying to get our bodies back on a regular schedule.


No comments:

Post a Comment