Monday, June 10, 2013

Ogden Splash Pad - June 10, 2013

Monday - June 10, 2013
The computer was not working right, so we decided to take it in to get things running smoothly again.  We have a lifetime thing with the place we bought the computer, so it is free to take it in for repairs.  The only problem is that the place is in Ogden.  Since we were heading to Ogden, Roger did a little search online to see if there was something fun and free for us to do together as a family.  He found that there was a new splash pad not too far from the computer place.  So we went and played for a little while after dropping off the computer.  It was really crowded, but the kids still had a lot of fun.  And I had fun taking pictures and trying some of the different settings on the camera.
 This picture of Roger is my favorite. 
Here is Alissa getting a large bucket of water dumped on her.  She thought that was fun.  Every time the buckets started looking full, she ran over so it would dump on her.





Parker and Brinley got tired of playing in the water, so they went over to play on the playground for a while.  Before we had come, Brinley told us that she was going to make a new friend.  While they were on the playground, I kept looking over to check on them.  Every time, I saw Brinley, I thought, "I need to go over there and tell her to pull her swimsuit up."  When she would swing on the bar her swimsuit would hang down.  When we were done and getting ready to come home, Brinley came over and told me that she made a new friend.  Then she told me how they met.  Brinley said that her new friend came over to her and said "Your bum crack is showing."  I started to laugh when she said that, because it was so cute and funny.  But that made Brinley feel embarrassed and she quickly changed her story.  she said, "Wait.  I mean... She didn't say that.... She said... I like your swimsuit.  I think it is cute."  That was funny that she changed her story.  I felt bad for laughing when she started to tell it to me.  It just caught me off guard.  I couldn't stop myself from laughing.  After her friend said something to her, Brinley asked her if she would stay and play with her.  That's how Brinley made her new friend.
Before we left, the kids ran over to a hill and rolled down it a few times.  Then we headed home.  
We relaxed for a little while and ate dinner after heading home, then we headed over to Jeanne Stevens Park to play with friends.  Brian, Alisa, and Delany Reed met us at the park.  They brought treats and two Frisbees for us to play with.  Delany and Brinley spent the majority of the time playing on the playground together.  they also spent a little time playing Frisbee and played a game over on the stage.  Parker and Alissa had a lot of fun playing Frisbee with Roger and Brian.    



No comments:

Post a Comment