Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day - June 16, 2013

Sunday - June 16, 2013
A few weeks ago I saw a thing on Facebook saying they wanted to feature some fathers in the Leader (the Tremonton newspaper).  The post said to send in a short message explaining why the father in your life should be featured.  So, I quickly typed something up and sent it in, before Roger came in the room and saw what I was doing.  I wanted it to be a surprise if they chose him.  I figured that they would let me know if he was chosen, then we could type up something nice to say about him.  But that is not how it happened.  They did choose him, but they didn't let me know.  They just used the paragraph that I had sent in explaining why he should be featured.  I had forgotten about sending that in.  I just figured they hadn't chosen him to be featured.
So, Roger comes home from work on Thursday morning and comes into the bedroom.  He sits down on the bed and says, "I want to read something to you.  I think you might recognize it."  Then he picks up the paper and starts reading what I had written.  I laughed.  I had no idea they posted that.  Roger liked it.  He was really surprised. 
He found out about it while he was at work.  A guy that he works with was at home and called him at work.  He said, "Moser, you're famous!"  Roger was confused, so the guy explained that he had just read a short story about Roger in the Leader.  Roger told his coworkers and then he headed to the Maverik to buy a copy of the newspaper.  I'm glad I was able to surprise him, I just wish I would have known that was what they were going to post.  I would have tried to write something a little better.

A few weeks ago we were watching an episode of World's Dumbest.  This was episode was titled World's Smartest Inventions.  While we were watching, I had a brilliant idea.  I decided that it would be so funny to buy something that I had seen on that show for Roger's Father's Day gift.  I decided that I would surprise Roger with this, then ask him if he wanted to make it our new tradition to always buy gag gifts for Mother's Day and Father's Day.  The thing I got him is the pillow tie!  Their slogan is, "Because most functions that require a necktie deserve to be slept through."  The base of the tie is inflatable, so you can use it like a pillow.
We were so excited to surprise Roger with his gift.  He loved it!










No comments:

Post a Comment