Saturday, December 20, 2014

Bone Family Christmas Party - December 20, 2014

Saturday - December 20th
Roger had to work overtime this weekend, so we had to change our plans for the Christmas parties.  I really wanted to go and I knew the kids would be so sad if I told them we weren't going to make it, so we made arrangements for the kids and I to ride the frontrunner and stay at Linda's house until the frontrunner could take us home again on Monday.  Riding the frontrunner with just me and the kids and so much stuff was stressful.  By the time we made it to Linda's, I had a full blown headache.  That was frustrating!  It seems like I had a killer headache at the last 2 of my family Christmas parties.  I really didn't want to have a headache again this year.  It has been at least a month since I had my last headache.  I was starting to feel cured and thinking that I was going to have to deal with this again.
The kids had fun riding on the frontrunner.  It was a lot more fun after the Salt Lake Central stop.  That's where most of the people got off.  After that, we pretty much had the train to ourselves.  The kids were really panicky about the train not stopping long enough for us to get off (that happened to us last time- We were right by the door, but the train barely even paused before it started driving - a worker was able to get the driver to stop and let us off).  So, at the stop before ours, the kids made sure we were sitting right next to the door and ready to go.  We made it off the train without any problems.  Linda and my dad were waiting for us in the parking lot.




After we left the frontrunner station, we drove to Cafe Rio to pick up our dinner.  Linda had paid to have Cafe Rio cater our Christmas party.  The food was so yummy.  That was a fun way to do it.
We got to Linda's just in time for the party.  I still had to wrap our gifts.  We had to stop and buy them at Walmart before we got on the train.
Dad was nice enough to give up his room to me and the kids for the weekend.  So, I ran all our stuff upstairs and quickly wrapped our gifts.  I didn't have to take the presents downstairs though, because Linda decided that the best place to play our games and open our gifts would be up there, since that was a really big room with lots of space for all of us to sit.
After dinner, we all headed upstairs to play games.  We played a fun Christmas Carol game.  I forget what it's called.  We divided into two teams.  One person from each team was the drawer for each round.  They drew a picture and you had to guess what Christmas song they were drawing.  when you figured it out, your whole team was supposed to sing the song to get the point.  It was a lot of fun.  My team won!  We won a big basket full of different candies.  We each got to chose a candy from the basket.
Parker was a little fussy.  He does not like it when things get to loud and crazy.  He just can't handle it.  I ended up giving him my phone and he went to find a place to hide out and be alone.  He is too much like his dad.  Roger doesn't enjoy parties either.  He likes the quiet and calm.
I only took a short video from our Christmas party.  Here it is.

By the time the party was over, my head was throbbing.  I was so ready for bed.  Linda and Dave went upstairs and changed the sheets on dad's bed for me and helped me get the kids' beds ready, since they could see how much I was hurting.  That was very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment