Saturday, December 13, 2014

The Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert - December 13, 2014

Saturday - December 13, 2014
Linda texted this morning to see if Roger and I would like to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert.  She had two extra tickets and wasn't sure who she could bring with her.  She though inviting Roger and I was a long shot, but decided to do it anyways.  Roger worked last night, so he didn't wake up until around 2:00pm.  I asked him as soon as he woke up and, of course, he wanted to go.  We had to quickly make some arrangements so the kids would be taken care of.  Alissa is old enough to babysit now, but we were nervous about being so far away.  We arranged for Alissa's friend, Erin to come and help Alissa babysit.  That way the kids wouldn't feel scared and alone and Erin's parents would be able to drive over and help out if there was any kind of emergency.  The kids were all happy with that idea.
Roger and I hurried to get ready.  Linda texted that the concert  started at 8:00 pm, but my brain read that it starts at 7:00 pm.  So, we hurried to the frontrunner station.  We stopped to get some food first, but we had to scarf it down in order to get on the train in time and make it there before the concert started.  Linda texted to see if we wanted to get some food together in Salt Lake, but I told her no, because we wouldn't have enough time.  She was confused about that, but didn't say anything.  We would have had time, had I not been thinking the concert started at 7:00 pm.  So, Roger and I hurried and stuffed our faces then raced to get on the train before it left.  I was frustrated because I was hungry and I didn't have enough time to finish my food.  But I dealt with it because I wanted to get there on time.
We made it in time and I was confused when we got there, why Linda wasn't there yet.  That's when I found out that I had the wrong time.  We had an hour and a half to wonder around and see the sights.  I was frustrated that we hurried, but it was nice to be able to relax and walk around Temple Square with Roger.  It was nice to be able to see all of the sights and not have to worry about keeping an eye on the kids.  We had fun wondering around.
When Linda and my Dad got there, we all walked over to the conference center to see the concert.  It was so fun to get to be there with them.  We loved the concert!  The muppets were there!  And the guy who is the voice of Hans in the movie frozen.  It was so good.  The most memorable performance of the night was the organist.  He is so talented!  He was playing 2 different songs at a time using both his hands and his feet and it sounded amazing!  It was so impressive!  Anyway, we loved everything about the Christmas concert and are so happy that we got to go.  
The concert ended about 10 minutes before the frontrunner was scheduled to leave to take us home.  there was not enough time to get there and catch it before it left.  So, we had to wait around for an hour before the next train came.  We didn't get home until around 1:00 am.  I felt bad for being out so late, but Alissa and her friend didn't seem to mind.





While we were gone, the kids had a cookie decorating kit that I told that they could use.  I made them promise to clean up a little before and after they did them and they had to take pictures of their fun.  Here are the pictures they took.


No comments:

Post a Comment