Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Ward Christmas Party - December 2, 2014

Tuesday - December 2nd
We went to our ward Christmas party tonight.  It was a lot of fun.  they had a lot of tables set up in the gym.  They were long tables and there were lots of places to sit, the only problem was that the tables were so close together, it was really hard to get to a seat and there really wasn't enough room for someone to sit behind you at the next table over.  It was super squishy.  I made things interesting, so, I guess I liked it more than anything.  I like it when normal boring things like sitting at a table become fun (because it was a little entertaining trying to fit everybody in).
We had funeral potatoes, Jello, and I can't remember what else.  I volunteered to bring some funeral potatoes.  They gave us all a recipe to follow.  They wanted everybody to bring the same kind of funeral potatoes.  I forgot to get the cornflakes that the recipe called for to go on top, so I had to run to the store really fast and I barely had time to get the funeral potatoes all cooked before we left.  I just turned up the heat and it all worked out.  I was telling a lady from our ward about how I had barely got it all finished in time.  Then she told me that she volunteered also.  She had a problem with the cornflakes too.  When she realized that she didn't have any, she decided to use a substitute.  She said that she had frosted flakes and since they are pretty much the same thing, she used those instead.  I thought that was so funny.  I wondered what it would taste like with frosted flakes on top.  We didn't have to wonder very long, because when we went to get our food, they served us from the pan that had the frosted flakes on it.  It didn't taste good with the frosted flakes, but it was easy to scrape it off.  I felt bad though.  I didn't want her to see that I wasn't eating the frosted flakes.  I didn't want to make her feel bad, so I had to be super sneaky about it.  It was kind of funny and made eating dinner a little more exciting also.  I like funny, weird stuff like that.
After the meal, there was some entertainment.  Some people in the ward sang some songs for us.  Then the primary kids sang 2 songs and played the bells for us.  After that, they had all the kids line up to see Santa Claus.  It was a good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment