Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve 2014

Wednesday - December 24, 2014
I stayed up late last night to finish 3 more hats.  The guy who ordered these wanted the hats in time for Christmas.  So, I whipped them up as fast as I could last night then Roger and I delivered them this morning.  I need to do the math to figure it out exactly, but I made around $700.00 selling my hats in November and December.  I think that is crazy!  But so nice.   We did not have any money for Christmas this year, but because of my hats, we had money to buy Christmas for out children!  I still had some shopping to do this morning.  Roger was going to come with me after we dropped off the hats, but his mom called before we had a chance to head to Walmart.  She came to spend Christmas with us this year.  We weren't sure what time she was going to get here, so it was a good thing that she called before we left.  So, Roger and I headed home in time to be there when his mom got here.
 After saying hello to Roger's mom, I had to head out and finish my Christmas shopping.  I waited until Christmas Eve to finish, because I had some more hats to finish and a little more money coming in.  I managed to get some really good deals on Christmas pajamas from Alco and the Family Dollar.  Then I headed to Walmart to get a few groceries and the remaining gifts.  Walmart was ridiculously crowded.  I had too much to do today, so I ended up forgetting to eat.  I realized this as my stomach started to hurt really bad as I pulled into the super crowded Walmart parking lot.  It ended up being a rough trip to the store.  Dealing with the crowds and my tummy aching made it very unpleasant.  I was happy with the things I was able to buy.  I left the store feeling good that the kids would be happy with all the fun stuff I was able to get them this year.  But I also left the store with a yucky headache.  That was frustrating.  Medicine doesn't usually work to get rid of my headaches.  What works is a good nap and I knew I wasn't going to be able to fit one in before we celebrated tonight.  I had a really bad headache at my family Christmas party also.  It's so frustrating.  I haven't had a headache in over month.  I was starting to feel like I was completely cured from my frustrating headaches.
Anyways, Roger's mom came bearing food!  She brought yummy snacks, roast, and potatoes.  Before I went shopping, Roger put the roast in the crockpot so we could enjoy it for dinner tonight.  We don't usually do a nice dinner on Christmas Eve, but after last year when we were at Linda's and they had a really yummy steak dinner, the kids were really wanting to start the tradition of having a nice, big, special Christmas dinner.  This dinner wasn't anything too fancy, but it was still nice, so the kids were happy about that.  They felt glad that we got to have a nice Christmas Eve dinner.  About an hour after we ate dinner, we let the kids open their Christmas pajamas.



 I also promised to let them open one gift.  We got them some fun yummy treat type gifts.  So, we could let the kids open them, then enjoy their gifts while we watch a Christmas movie.  They loved them!

 Brinley got a hot chocolate s'mores kit that came with two cute snowman cups.  Parker got a Root beer Float Kit that came with some fun fancy cups.  Alissa got a Hershey's S'mores kit that came with two Hershey mugs.  They were all really excited and happy with their gifts.  We all fixed ourselves some treats and settled down to watch 'The Muppet's Christmas Carol'.  Roger's mom hadn't seen it before.  I love that movie! 


 So, I tried really hard to fall asleep long enough to get rid of my headache while we watched our movie.  I was able to fall asleep, but it wasn't long enough to get rid of my headache.  That was really frustrating!  After the movie, we all went to bed.  I laid down for a little while, but I didn't want to let myself fall asleep.  I knew that if I did, I wouldn't be able to wake up in enough time to get all the presents wrapped and under the tree.  It was really rough, since I had such a bad headache, but I did it.  I got all the gifts under the tree.  Here is what it looked like before I went to bed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment