Friday, January 16, 2015

Lighting Candles - January 16, 2015

Friday - January 16th

Hi! It's Sydney! I'm taking over this blog a little, just for this post.

Today, I lit a match for the first time! I know this sounds crazy, but I've never used them. I already have 2 pyro crazy cousins and that's enough!

Jenny wanted Parker to light a candle in the kitchen to make it smell better. I decided to ask if I could light it, since I never have. I've watched my cousins do it and Parker showed me so I felt really confident!

The first one I lit I struck on the box so hard it snapped in half and the lit end fell on the floor! Below you can see the burn left on the ground. It will be there forever (unless the floor is replaced)!

The second one I let burn for too long so I had to blow it out. 

We decided Parker should light the one in the kitchen and I could light one in the living room. But when Parker got the candle in the kitchen lit I accidentally blew out the candle when I blew out the match for him, so he had to relight it.

Everyone came into the living room prepared to set out a fire I might start. Brinley was afraid I'd light the piano on fire! It was hilarious, and also so funny to see everyone standing around with blankets and dish towels and Jenny with the camera! I sure love these guys!

So, then I lit a candle! And the only thing that got on fire was the candle!

And by the way, that candle burning and letting off light like that sure looked beautiful!

I am not gonna lie, lighting matches was fun.

We watched a movie and goofed around and had a lot of fun! I love coming over!

Parker, the silly goose, wanted me to take a picture of him shining a flashlight on the candle I lit. He's such a goofball!

Here is the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment