Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Years 2015 - January 1, 2015

Thursday - January 1, 2015
We had a nice relaxing New Years Eve.  Roger has strep throat.  Yuck!  I feel bad that he has to spend the holiday feeling sick.  But, we didn't do much besides sit around and relax, so I guess that was okay.  After Roger's Dr. appointment yesterday, he bought some chips, dip, lil' smokies, and shrimp while he was waiting for his prescription to be filled at Walmart.  so, we had yummy snacks to enjoy and Roger had antibiotics to help him start to feel better.
Alissa loves shrimp!  She tried some for the first time about a month ago, when she went out to eat with her friend Erin.  She has not stopped talking about it since then.  She desperately wanted to have more shrimp.  She kept telling me that Erin's family gets shrimp every New Years Eve.  She was so desperate for it, she really wanted to go and spend New Years with Erin's family so she could have some shrimp.  She was almost giddy when I told her that her dad bought some shrimp.  Roger loves shrimp also.  I really don't like it at all.  Brinley says she doesn't like it, but I'm pretty sure she hasn't ever tried it.  She didn't want to try it tonight.  Parker tried it, but didn't like it.  So, Roger and Alissa got to enjoy it all by themselves.  They seemed to be very happy about that.
I decided that I should at least take a few pictures of our New Years Eve fun, even though nothing exciting was going on.  Parker jumped in and photo bombed the picture of Alissa and Roger eating their shrimp.  He is too funny.
 Since Brinley didn't want to try the shrimp at all, she stayed in the other room and played the computer.  I took a picture of her then decided that I should take one more picture of me this year.  I always think my nose looks so big when I take a selfy.  But, oh well.
A little before midnight, we went online to find a count down to watch.  Then we went outside to bang pots and pans and yell and scream, "Happy New Year!"  Parker was way too tired by this point, so he didn't join us.  This is the first time that he stayed awake until midnight.  He was really tired and fussy.  After we put the pots and pans away, the girls and I ran through the house trying to be the first one to do everything and anything this year.  We each pushed each other as we tried to be the first person to sit on each section of the couch, the first person up the stairs, the first to use the bathroom, the first to turn off the lights, the first to turn on the lights.  Eventually that lead to Alissa kicking my leg and saying, "I was the first to kick you." (we didn't kick and hit each other hard.  It was still all fun and games.)  So, I turned around and got to be the first person to slap her.  The hitting kicking and slapping led to our first pillow fight of the year.  
For the most part, Roger stood back out of the way.  He was feeling to sick and tired, but every time he could get to something or do something before us, he did.  We all had a lot of fun.  we were laughing so hard.  It was a good time.  Parker went upstairs and was the first one to go to sleep.  He didn't want to join in and be the first to do anything else.
Before we went up to bed, I remembered that I needed to be the first one to take a picture this year.  So, I grabbed the camera and Brinley quickly jumped in front of it to be the first person to have their picture taken this year.  Here is our first video in 2015.

 Also, I still can't watch TV without crocheting.  So, here are the 5 hats that I made in the last 2 days of TV watching.  The top Red and Black ones are for Roger.  My favorite one that I plan to keep for me is the one on the bottom in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment