Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Visit With My High School Friends - January 27, 2015

Tuesday - January 27th
I had a long weekend at Linda's helping her clean.  I went without Roger and the kids.  That was rough.  I missed them a lot.  I thought I was going to be excited and enjoy having a little break from being mom, but I couldn't fully enjoy it, because I missed them too much.  Anyway, we got a lot of cleaning done and each night, we stayed up late watching movies and eating treats.  That was fun.  On Saturday night, we went to Italian Village to meet up with a bunch of my friends from high school.  It was so fun to see them.  It had been way too long since I had seen them last.  Here is a picture taken while we were waiting to be seated.  We waited for an hour and a half before we got a table.  I didn't mind the wait, because I wanted as much time as possible to visit with my friends.
While I was downstairs cleaning at Linda's, Mathew came down wearing this funny clown wig.  He was being really goofy.

Today at school, they gave the kids Valentine's Day cards with their school pictures on them.  I think this is a horrible and very annoying thing to do.  They send the kids home with an 8x10 of their school picture, key chains with their picture, and bookmarks.  Then they send a note explaining that if you want to keep these, you have to pay for them, if not send them back to the school.  This is the first time they've sent the Valentine's Day cards home.  The reason I don't like this, is because sometimes the pictures get lost or the kids really want to keep them and they cry and then your left feeling like a bad parent because you can't afford to keep the pictures and the kids keep telling you it's not fair, because all of their friends got to keep theirs.  I just think it is rude to pressure parents to buy the pictures and put them in situations where the kids end up so disappointed.  One of Brinley's friends got home from school, cut out the cards, wrote her friends' names on them and handed them out to her friends before her mom even had a chance to see them.  So, now, she has no choice but to buy them, but she doesn't even get to use them because they already got handed out and most of them lost.  I just get frustrated that they send the pictures home and you have to pay if you don't get the pictures back to them safely.  It's a mean way to get our money.  Here's Brinley's picture that was on the card.  We sent it back, but I told her I would take a picture of her picture so
she could remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment