Monday, March 8, 2004

Roger's Mom is Home! - March 8, 2004

Monday - March 8th
Roger's mom came home from her mission!  We had a homecoming party for her today.  I'm excited for Alissa to be able to get to know her grandma.  It was also really fun for Alissa to meet some of her cousins that live far away.  Grant and Teresa, and Shane and Jill came.  I also got to meet some of Roger's family for the first time.  I met his brother's Shane and Grant once at a family get together when Roger and I were dating.  Neither of them were able to come to our wedding and they live so far away, so I hadn't been able to meet their families until today.  I feel a little more like part of the family now that I've had a chance to meet everybody.

I made a really large wedding looking type of cake for the homecoming party.  Everybody loved it and that made me feel really good.  I love it when my cakes are a hit.

Alissa's cousins Tyler and Chris were loving meeting her and being on the camera.  I'm really glad I got to finally meet them.  Chris is 12 years old and Tyler is 8 years old.  They are really nice kids.  Missy sat by me most of the time and played with Alissa.  Alissa loves her cousins.
We all went to church together on Sunday to listen to Roger's mom give her homecoming talk.  Afterwards, we all went to Cindi's to eat and visit some more.  Joyce had a lot of pictures and stories to share with us.  It was fun.  I think Joyce is going to be living with Cindi for a little while as she works to figure out where she will live and what she's going to do.  She sold her condo in Draper to help pay for her mission.


Roger and his brother's got together and went snowmobiling for their brother's fling last week, before all the homecoming fun.

Alissa started talking a lot this last week.  She is so smart!  She amazes me.

We got home from Salt Lake last night.  We spent most of the day getting unpacked and getting things back to normal.

The snow has melted a lot.  Alissa and I played outside a lot today.  Alissa really enjoyed playing in the play house.  She is such a cute girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment