Thursday, May 29, 2003

It's hot! - May 29, 2003

Thursday - May 29th

Yesterday, Alissa and I went to Salt Lake to go to Mandi Larsen's wedding.  I love going to weddings.  They are so special.  A lot of people from the ward I grew up in were there.  It was really nice to see everybody.  I miss the house and the neighborhood I grew up in.  It's hard to move on.....but I'm doing it.  I'm so happy with roger.  It is so exciting starting our lives together.  I'm looking forward to getting comfortable in our new house and neighborhood.

Jenny Springman was at the wedding last night.  Jenny, Alissa, and I went out to eat at I.hop after the reception.  It was really fun to talk to Jenny again.  Janae was at the reception also.  She had to leave early so she could meet Travis.  Her and Travis have been talking about marriage.  She is in love with him and she doesn't want to lose him, but the thought of marriage is hard for her.  It's a big decision.  I think it's a hard one for anybody to make.  I had a hard time making that decision.  Anyway, so Janae wanted to talk a lot about that.  She went on a trip to California last week with her mom and Travis.  They had a lot of fun.  Janae said she realized how much she really likes him while they were on that trip.  I'm excited for her.  I hope that everything will turn out wonderful for her.

I just remembered a funny thing that happened last Friday, while we were in Mill Creek Canyon.  There were some restrooms there, but they were really yucky and scary.  I had to use it once.  I was so grossed out by it.  I didn't want to go in it again.  Anyway, Elizabeth had to go potty.  Her dad took her to the restroom, she went in, saw how scary it was, and refused to go back in unless her dad came in with her.  He didn't want to, because it was the women's restroom.  She finally just said that she could hold it, so they came back over by us.  Later that night, Kristin and Lizzy took a walk.  They didn't come right back, so Linda and Shelley went looking for them.  They found them by the bathrooms.  They were both too afraid to go in, so they stood outside and peed their pants.  They said that they ran around to try and dry themselves off, but it didn't work.  They were too embarrassed to come back by the fire with everyone.  It was funny, but I felt bad for them since they were so embarrassed.  That is totally something that my sister Kristy and I would have done.

Last night I got home around 11:30pm.  I didn't get to sleep until 12:30am.  I woke up at 4:30am and I was sweating like crazy.  Roger and I were both wide awake.  Alissa woke up about 5:00am.  It was too hot to sleep.  Our air conditioner is not working.  So, we all got up pretty early this morning.  First thing we did when we were all up, is went to Walmart to buy some fans.  One for Alissa's room and one for Roger and I.  We felt better after that.

Adele, who lives up and over from us, is having problems with her swamp cooler also.  I feel bad for her.  Roger went to look at it for her.  It needs to be cleaned and it needs a new pump.  Roger felt that it was really poorly taken care of.  He is going to talk to the guy when he comes to fix it.  Hopefully they will start taking better care of it.  It is miserable with out air conditioning.  We have been having record heat this month.  While roger was checking Adele's swamp cooler, Adele and I were talking.  she was telling me what a great guy she thinks Roger is.  She really appreciated all of the help he has given her.  She told me how lucky I am to have him.  I agree with her.  I love my Roger so much!  He is the best!  We always talk about how in the pre-existence we traded an eyebrow with each other to help us find one another.  We both have one eyebrow that tweaks out.  It's funny.

We went to Sam's Club today and bought groceries and a computer chair.  We also spent a lot of time boxing things up.  We took Alissa to play in a little pool in the backyard.  She didn't want to get in at first, but Roger held her feet in until she liked it.  Roger and I got into a water fight.  Alissa got sunscreen in her eyes.  They were red and watery.  We felt bad for her.  Poor girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment