Sunday, May 11, 2003

Mother's Day - May 11, 2003

It's my first Mother's Day as a mom!  I love being a mom!  Alissa and I slept in today and ended up missing church, so I woke up feeling kind of grumpy about that.  I managed to calm down eventually.  Roger was super nice to me and did his best to pamper me and make me feel special and loved.  It was so nice.  I also called my mom to wish her a happy Mother's Day.  She sounded happy and like she was having a really good day.  Kelly was visiting, so she had Shelley, Kelly, Kristy, and Missy over celebrating Mother's Day with her.
I made a roast today.  My mom says that a roast is the easiest meal to make.  She said that it is really hard to mess up a roast.  I've made roast 2 times now and I have managed to mess it up both times.  I don't know why I can't get it right.  It is really frustrating.  I really want to be a good cook and I want us to be able to eat roast on Sundays.  We always had roast on Sundays at my house when I was growing up.  I'd like to keep that going with my own family, but so far it is not looking good for us.  I'm determined though.  I'm going to keep trying until I get it right.
Yesterday we went to Salt Lake to go to my friend, Marque's Wedding.  It was really fun to see her.  She looked so pretty and so happy.  It was also a ton of fun to get to see and visit with a lot of friends from Dixie college.  Roger was super nice and took time off of work so he could come with me.  He couldn't take the whole night off though.  So, he worked the night before, came home and slept until 1:15 pm, then we loaded the car and headed out.  It took us a lot longer to get there because about a mile after we entered the freeway, traffic slowed pretty much to a stop because there was a really bad roll over accident.  It looked really scary.  I hope everybody was okay.  We had to leave the reception to head home by 8:45 pm so Roger could make it home and to work on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment