Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Alissa won't Sleep Tonight - May 13, 2003

Alissa is having a hard time sleeping tonight.  It is 10:30 pm and she is still awake.  I fed her and put her in her bed at 8:00 pm.  At 8:10 pm, my neighbor, Diana and her son, Andy came down to visit.  They were a little noisy when they came in.  Since I had just laid Alissa down, she wasn't asleep yet and the sounds made her upset and she started to cry a lot.  So, I went and got her and held her while I visited with Diana.  After they left I tried to put Alissa to bed again, but she just wouldn't sleep.  At 9:30, I decided to feed her some more and try to cuddle her back to sleep.  I held her for about 20 minutes, then I laid her down in her crib again.  For some reason she is just wide awake.  I have no idea why she won't sleep, but I finally just went and got her out of her crib.  she is sitting here with me.  I hope she falls asleep soon.
Alissa and I had a nice walk this morning.  We walked to the park and played by the pond for a while.  It was a beautiful day today.
Roger had a yucky night at work last night.  He has been having a lot of trouble with this one boss on his shift (I think his name is Matt).  This boss was only on his shift for 3 weeks.  Last night was his last night on the shift.  Roger was trying to get the prep job on his shift.  He was really sure that the job was going to be his.  The boss before and after this one would have given it to Roger, but this boss got on his shift and gave it to someone else who hadn't even been on the shift very long.  Roger was really upset about that.  Roger has been working so hard to get that position.  He has worked so hard to prove himself (he always comes in for overtime when asked and he works really hard).  Roger made a mistake on some paper work during the time that he had the yucky boss.  Usually somebody will catch a mistake like that before things go to far in the process, but other people missed it also, so it got a lot farther in the process than it should have and it caused a lot of problems.  roger got written up for it and the boss made a really big deal about it.  When he didn't give Roger that position, he told him that the one mess up was the reason why.  Roger's been working there for a little over a year and this was his first paperwork mistake.  He is just so frustrated about the big deal that this boss made of it.  Last night there was a problem that someone on day shift caused.  Roger noticed it and let the boss know about the problem.  The boss blamed Roger and another guy on his shift for the problem and gave them both write ups.  Then, another guy on his shift messed up and blamed it on Roger also.  He didn't get written up for it, but he got yelled at.  Roger talked to the guy later and the guy admitted that it was his fault, but he refused to tell anybody about it.  I feel bad that Roger is having such a hard time at work right now.  I don't like that his job is making him so miserable.  I miss my happy-go-lucky Roger that isn't stressed out from his job.

No comments:

Post a Comment