Sunday, May 18, 2003

My First Successful Roast - May 18, 2003

Sunday - May 18th
I use Alissa as my alarm clock and for some crazy reason, she sleeps in every Sunday.  That means I have to rush to get us ready in time.  Alissa is not sleeping well lately.  She was up from 9:00pm to 1:00am last night.  It was frustrating trying to get her to sleep.  I don't know why she is having such a hard time.  Tonight I put her to bed at 8:00pm and she woke up at 8:40pm.  She just barely fell back asleep and it is about 10:40pm right now.  I held her for a little bit, but she just fussed, so i ended up putting her in her crib and letting her cry herself to sleep.  That is hard for me to do.  I don't like to let her fuss,  I'd rather hold her and give her loves.  But if I didn't let her cry herself to sleep, she would still be awake.  The lady upstairs is vacuuming. I really hope that it doesn't wake Alissa up.  I'm so excited to move so I won't have to worry about that anymore.  I really hope that Alissa starts sleeping longer when we move because there won't be so many sounds to wake her up.
I made my first successful roast today!  I cooked it in the crockpot.  I sprinkled some Canadian Steak Seasoning on it.  Then I put onions and water.  I'm so glad that it was successful.  It was ready for us when we got home from church, but we didn't eat it right away.  We were all so tired, so I put it in the refrigerator and we all took a nap.  It felt so nice.  We were all so tired.
After Roger went to work, Alissa played with some toys on the floor while I played the piano.  I really love playing the piano.
It was a nice sunshiny day today, but there was a very cold wind blowing.  It really shocked me when I went outside, because we've been having really warm weather lately.
Angelee called to ask if Alissa and I would go walking with her, but I missed her call.  Alissa was in the bath.  I didn't realize that she had called until it was too late.  I was really bummed about that.  I really enjoy going walking with her.  I'm so glad that we live so close to each other.
Lisa called tonight.  She wants me to babysit tomorrow.  I will be babysitting for her in Tremonton after we move, but something came up and she needs me to watch them tomorrow.  I'm excited to meet her and her children.  she seems really nice.  She is 26 years old, so, only 2 years older than me.  We get along really well on the phone.  I'm hoping to make a friend.  Her children are 1 and 5 years old.  I'm looking forward to watching them.  I'm going to watch them from 3:00 - 9:00 pm.  I can use the money to buy Roger a birthday gift.
The play that Missy VanBibber was in was very successful.  They get to perform it in the Conference Center in August.  Missy is so excited about it.  she called to tell us all about it yesterday.
I spent a big portion of my evening making a calendar with my new jogging/walking schedule.  I'm starting out really slowly.  I'm doing it different than I have before.  I think that I will not get burned out on this one, because I'll be building up really slowly and starting out very easy.
We only have 2 more Sundays until we move.  I'm so excited about that.  I'm really excited about going to our new ward and getting to know everybody.  A guy who Roger works with has a friend and family member who lives on the same street as us.  He said that it is a really great neighborhood.  They have block parties every year and are very friendly.  I'm really excited to meet our neighbors.  I really hope there will be lots of babies in our ward so Alissa will have some friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment