Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Doing Chores, Family Home Evening, and Church Activities

Tuesday - October 7, 2014
Brinley was excited to do her chore today, since part of her chores is mopping the kitchen floor.  The kids love to mop the floor.  I have never liked to let them, since every time they did it, they would leave the floor really wet and sometimes messier than when they started.  So, I wouldn't let them mop very often.  But, they are much better at it now!  That's exciting, because I really do not like to mop and they love it.  So, Brinley happily did her chore.
 Half way through, Parker came in and asked her if he could chow her the Parker method of mopping the floor.  So, these pictures are of Parker showing her how to mop using his skateboard.

 Alissa lucked out.  Her chores today were to empty the garbage and help with Dinner.  The garbage wasn't very full, so she didn't have to do that and Dinner wasn't until later, so she got to relax while Parker and Brinley did their chores.  She was feeling super happy about that.  Parker and Brin were jealous, but they got over it pretty quick when Brinley started talking about mopping the kitchen floor.
 We didn't have a chance to get to Family night last night, so we did it tonight.  I was in charge of the lesson.  My lesson was short and simple.  We watched a Mormon Message video on YouTube then we discussed it.  Brinley had us sing 'I Love to See the Temple'.  Parker was in charge of a treat, but since he had made his treat yesterday and we ate waffles (which is pretty much a yummy, sugary, dessert), we decided not to have him make a treat again today.  Roger gave our prayer and Alissa was in charge of an activity.  Alissa forgot to prepare an activity, so we decided to have all of us think of something fun to do.  We knew that Alissa had a Young Women's activity in about 40 minutes at the church, so I suggested that we go play on the playground at Bothwell Park (right next to the church) until her activity started.  As I was saying this, it clicked in my brain that Parker had a cub scout meeting tonight.  I had forgotten and his meeting started in 10 minutes.  So, we all just hurried to get ready and headed over to the church.  The girls and Roger and I played for a little bit while Parker went over with the scouts.  There were a lot of mosquitoes out, so the scouts decided to take their meeting inside.  Roger went inside to the scout meet with Parker.  So, then it was just me and the girls playing for a little while until Young Women's started.


 Brinley is too cute and I love taking pictures. 
 Alissa and Brinley had fun goofing around on the playground.  They were whispering secrets to each other in this fun little talking toy until it was time for Alissa to head in to Young Women's.
 After Alissa left, I followed Brinley around and took pictures of her until she got bored.




 The sky looked so pretty behind these trees.  The colors were amazing.  I tried really hard to get a good picture of it, but I couldn't figure out the right settings on the camera to let those colors show.  This was the best I could do.  It does not do it justice at all.  



After Brinley got bored from playing and bored of me taking pictures of her, I put the camera away so we could play a game.  I suggested we play obstacle coarse.  She like that idea, but she thought we should call it wipe out and pretend that the ground is water.  We spent a while discussing and trying to come up with the perfect coarse.  Once we decided, we each took a turn going through the coarse before we started the real thing where we time ourselves.  Brinley walked through it first and it was funny, because we had a hard time remembering the coarse we had made up.  So, we ended up changing it a bit as Brinley tried it. On my turn to go through the coarse, Brinley laughed so hard.  The first thing I went on, was much harder than I thought, because the little stands actually turn and sway back and forth as your trying to step from one to another.  I did not do that very gracefully at all.  Brinley thought it was hysterical.  The other part that had her laughing so hard, was the part where I had to spin on the spinney toy.  It made me laugh and scream.  She said I made a funny face while I did it.  
After we each walked through the coarse, we went through again, this time being timed.  Brinley made it in 1 minute and 50 seconds.  I made it through in 2 minutes and 21 seconds.  Brinley was pretty excited about winning.  It was fun.
After our game of wipeout, we went inside the church to wait for Roger, Parker, and Alissa.  Parker and roger finished up quickly, then we had to wait for Alissa.  She only had 20 minutes left.  A teenager was in the gym playing basketball, so Roger went in and challenged him to a game of one on one.  Parker was watching them.  He came out into the foyer and told Brin and I to come see.  He said, "Dad's playing basketball with a younger guy and he's not doing very good.  He's losing.  come see!"  He thought it was funny that Roger was losing.  By the time we went in their too look, things had changed and roger was winning.  After their game, Roger came in the foyer to wait for Alissa also.  Alissa finished up and her and a couple of other Young Women went in the gym to play basketball with the boy that was there.  We waited for another 5 minutes or so, then we left.  It was a fun night.  Next week, Parker and Roger get to go hiking with the cub scouts.  Roger's really excited about all the fun activities and things that him and Parker will get to do in the scouting program.  

No comments:

Post a Comment