Friday, October 31, 2014

Halloween 2014

We had a busy day.  It started with us waking up early to get ready for school.  Alissa's friend Jamie had warned us that she was going to come over really early today so she could style Alissa and Brinley's hair.  I had completely forgot about this plan, so I was quite surprised when there was somebody knocking at our door at 5:20 am.  Luckily we were all awake and sitting in the living room, so we heard the door.  Brinley decided to be a witch, so she didn't need her hair done after all.  Jamie just put Brin's hair up in a messy bun, so her hat would fit over it.  Alissa didn't need her hair done anymore either since we discovered that her Sim costume needed a hat or something extra to help it stay on her head.
So, we the kids all got ready for school and headed out.  After they left, Parker and I took a nap.  So, I guess our day wasn't as busy as I originally said.  We had a little while to nap and relax, but as soon as the girls got home, we were super busy.  Parker and I are relaxing this week.  Next week he starts the K12 program and we will be busy with school work again.  After my nap, I went upstairs to take a shower.  I asked Parker to answer my phone if his sisters or somebody he knows calls.  When I came back downstairs after my shower, Parker told me that someone had called.  He wasn't sure who it was, but the caller id said it was Rebecca VanBibber.  I said, "Oh, Becca called."  Parker looked at me, nodded his head and said, "No. It was someone named Reee...becca."  It was funny that he didn't realize that Becca's real name is Rebecca.
As soon as the girls got home from school, we all got ready and headed to Midland Square to go trick-or-treating at the businesses in downtown Tremonton.  Alissa's Sim headband didn't fit very well in the truck.  It was funny watching her try to get comfortable.  Eventually it occurred to me how easily we could justben the wire, then bend it back after we got there.
Maryann, Sydney, and Conner met us there.  It was super crowded.  But the kids had fun anyway.  Jamie came home from school with Alissa.  She planned to spend the whole day with us.  She is even sleeping over tonight.


Parker ran in to his friend Jeshua while we were there.  We haven't seen Jeshua in a while so that was exciting for Parker.  Jeshua walked around with us for most of the time, then he caught up with his older brother and they had to leave.  



At the end, when we got back to Midland Square they had hot chocolate and scones for us.  The scones were yummy, but we had to wait in line to get them.  we stood in line for 15 minutes before we got ours.  I think it was worth it though.
We came home from trick-or-treating downtown and had a half hour to rest before we headed to the Bothwell church for a trunk-or-treat.  Roger came with us to the trunk-or-treat.  Brinley was excited to see Delany there.  The kids loved the trunk-or-treat.  There was one car with a guy dressed in a really creepy looking costume sitting next to the candy.  Parker was too afraid to go close and get his candy.  I had been sitting on our truck handing out candy with Roger, but Parker came running back, all angry.  He sat down by us and said, "I'm not going anymore!  I can't do it!"  I thought it was funny when he explained why he was ready to quit trick-or-treating.  I offered to go with him and he liked that.  When we got over there, he still chickened out.  We just went past that car and on to the next.  There was a contest for the best decorated trunk.  So, a lot of people had really fun decorations set up.  It was really fun.  There was a big table set up at one area where they were serving doughnuts and hot chocolate.  That was nice.  By the time we got to that spot I was starting to feel really cold, so that hot chocolate really hit the spot.




Before we left, I had the kids pose with somebody who was wearing a grim reaper costume and walking on stilts.  I thought his costume was really fun, so I asked if we could get a picture with him.  I thought it would be fun to see Roger standing next to someone on stilts.  Roger is really tall.

Alissa said she got a lot of attention at school with her costume.  Everybody loved the Sim idea.  So, she was happy about that.  There were a few people who didn't know what she was because they had never heard of the game, but most people knew.  It was funny ho many little girls dressed up as Elsa this Halloween.  We saw a ton of Elsa's.
After the trunk-or-treat, we dumped our candy into bowls and headed out with empty bags to trick-or-treat around the neighborhood.  It was fun, but Parker had a bad fall at one point and Brinley got really tired of walking.  She was frustrated because she didn't want to stop trick-or-treating, but her feet hurt too bad and she felt like she couldn't go on.  We stopped at Jamie's house on our way home, so Jamie could get her pajamas.  We all went in and rested for a minute while she got her stuff.  Brinley ended up falling asleep on the couch, so Jamie's Grandma offered to give us a ride home. I was so happy to have a ride home.  We really wore ourselves out.  We did a ton of walking today.  The kids got a ton of candy.
Roger didn't have to go in to work until 10:00 pm today, so that was nice.  We relaxed with him for about a half hour, then he had to leave us to go to work.  Before he left, I asked him to help me get Brinley and Parker upstairs.  They had both fallen asleep.  Parker fell asleep on the couch and Brinley fell asleep on the floor next to me.  I was able to wake Parker up so he could walk upstairs to his bed, but Brinley was out.  I could not wake her up.  I got her to stand up, but then she just slumped over.  I was holding her up and talking to her, but she was out.  There was nothing I could do to wake her up.  Roger had to carry her up to her bed.  It was really kind of funny.  I couldn't believe that I had her standing up and she was completely asleep.  She's a funny girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment