Sunday, November 2, 2014

Hats - November 2, 2014

Sunday - November 2, 2014
I love to crochet.  Every year, right around this time, I get the crocheting bug and all I want to do is crochet.  I have a lot of fun ideas for hats that I want to make.  I make a lot of fun hats, then the kids and I wear them as we go out and about.  I love to wear different hats to the bus stop each morning.  A lot of times, the kids' friends will see our hats and ask for one also.  So, I give a lot of hats away to their friends.  Last week, I was wearing one of my favorite hats to the bus stop, when another mom at the bus stop asked if I would crochet some hats for her and her girls.  She offered to pay me $10.00 per hat.  I agreed.  She wanted two owl hats and a hat like mine, except with pink and black.  The hat I was wearing is the hat I call my "Best Friends Hat".  The reason I call it that, is because, Jenny Springman (one of my best friends from my high school and college days) came to visit a week ago.  When she told me she was coming, I was in a goofy mood.  She said she was coming so we could celebrate our birthdays (both in October a week apart from each other).  I wanted to give her a gift, so, the idea to make her a hat came to my mind.  Then, the goofy part of me thought, I could make matching hats for both of us.  I would make them goofy, but still cute enough for us to wear.  So, I told her on the phone that I would hurry and whip us up some best friend hats before she got here.  I asked her what her favorite colors were.  She said green, black, and white.  So, I hurried and made a cute hat, then made one for me (just like it) with purple, black, and white.  She said she loved her hat and we wore them to keep warm while we walked around and talked that night.
So, today I made one of the owl hats for Trisha (mom from the bus stop) and I made a pink and black hat for her.  I don't love the way the pink and black look.  I sent a picture of it to Trisha.  She wasn't that fond of it either.  We decided that it would look better with white, pink and black.  I don't know what I'll end up doing with the pink and black hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment