Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Brinley's Birthday! - October 15, 2014

Wednesday - October 15, 2014
Today is Brinley's 9th birthday!  I am feeling super duper sick.  It is no fun at all.  I was really hoping that I would be feeling better by now, but it didn't happen that way.  Even though I am sick, I had to fight through the yuckiness and get Brinley's Birthday done right, so she can have happy memories.  So, I stayed up until 1:00 am cleaning and decorating the house for Brinley's birthday.
When the kids woke up, they were happy to see all the decorations, but they were really tired.  Usually they wake up and are so excited as they run around and look at all the decorations and gifts.  I'm not used to birthday mornings being so calm and relaxed.
 After Roger got home, Brinley got a little more awake and excited.  She asked if she could open one of her gifts before she went to school.  We let her open one.  She got a slinky.  She's been asking for one, so she was really happy about it.  When she saw what it was, she said, "I knew it!  I guessed it right."
 Brinley wanted to eat German Pancakes for her Birthday breakfast.  After Breakfast, the girls hurried and got ready for school.  When their friends came to pick them up, they got excited as their friends came in and they showed off the decorations and everything.  Brinley was really excited and giddy as she left the house to go to school.  She couldn't wait for her birthday party tonight.
 After school, Brinley and her friend Teirnynn came in and read through all of the birthday cards that Brinley got from her class mates in school today.  Brinley loved it!  It was fun hearing her read the cute messages they had written for her.  I thought the funniest reaction was to a picture that a boy in her class had drawn of her.  She thought it didn't look like her at all.  I just thought it was cute and funny that he drew a picture of her.
 Brinley wanted to decorate her own Birthday cake.  I made cupcakes also, so we could have some cake to eat for our small family party with Roger before he had to go to work for the night.
 When Alissa got home from school, her friend Jamie came with her.  Brinley was nice and let them help her with her birthday cake.  They all had a lot of fun decorating the cake.  Brinley started to get a little bored with it, so she took a break.  she decorated her hand with icing, then went in the living room to relax for a smidgen.

 While Brinley relaxed, Jamie put the finishing touches on the cake.

 Before Roger had to go to work, we sent all the friends home so we could enjoy a little family time and celebrate Brinley's birthday with just us.  She opened the gifts we got her.  She loved all of them.

 The funnest gift she got was a small little Figit Friend pet that would interact with Alissa's Figit Friend.  It is fun to see them interact with each other.  After figuring out how to get them to interact, we took them in the kitchen, so they had more room to dance around.

 We ended up not having enough time to sing and have cake and ice cream with Roger before he left, so we still have a lot of cupcakes.  That turned out to be a good thing because a lot more people than I had planned on ended u[ coming to Brinley's birthday party.  There were 16 kids here for Brinley's party.  It was crazy!
 We had a glow in the dark party.  For the first half of the party, we turned out the lights and I had some music playing.  The kids all had glow sticks and they all just danced around and went wild.  When things started getting too wild, I turned the music down, turned on the lights, so we could have cake and ice cream and give her her birthday gifts.
 Parker insisted on lighting the candles for Brinley.  He ended up burning himself a little.  It scared him, but he is fine.
 There were just too many kids and the house is so small, the thought of trying to carry the cake through all of the kids and over to the kitchen table, just seemed like too much, so we left the cake on the stove for her to blow out the candles.  So, we all sang Happy Birthday, then Brinley blew out the candles.  I didn't get a good picture of her blowing them out, but I did get a before and after.  Brinley insisted on making goofy faces every time I told her to let me take her picture.  She's funny.

 After we all ate cake and ice cream, Brinley opened her gifts.  The parents started coming for their kids as Brinley was finishing opening her gifts.  It all worked out really well.



It was a big relief when all the friends had gone home and the party was over.  This party was a lot of fun, but it was exhausting.  An hour before the party started I had been upstairs laying in bed with the fever chills.  Luckily my medicine kicked in just in time for the party to start.  It is miserable being sick.  I just couldn't imagine Brinley not getting to have a fun day today, so I had to tough it out.  My Birthday will the complete opposite of Brinley's Birthday.  I plan to sit and do nothing all day on my Birthday.  Wish me luck with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment