Friday, October 3, 2014

Parker Cleaning - October 3, 2014

Friday - October 3, 2014
Parker and I had a nice morning.  I actually had some energy, so I cleaned.  While I was in the kitchen washing the dishes, Parker came in to help.  He offered to mop the floor for me.  Before I came in to wash the dishes, Parker and I fixed his skateboard, so Parker brought his skateboard into the kitchen and told me his brilliant plan for how he was going to mop the floor.  His plan was that he would sit on his skateboard, with two wet rags in his hands and mop as he pushed himself along.  I liked that plan.  I was really just happy that he had offered to help without being asked.
 After a while, he thought of a more efficient idea.  It was annoying for him to have to keep bringing me the rags to rinse them off so he could continue washing, so he asked me to fill a bucket with soapy water for him.  He also got a dry rag, to help dry the floor in case he got it to wet, and he asked me to get him a scrubby brush thing that I had.  He used the skateboard to hold the rags, water, and scrubbing brush as he cleaned and moved it around the room with him.

The floor looked so nice by the time he finished.  He was so proud of his work also.  He kept telling me to look at how the floor sparkled and look at how we could see out reflection in it.  My favorite, was when he said, "Look at that detail!"  He was really proud of what a good job he did.  It was so nice!
The girls got home from school, and all the kids ran outside to play.  Parker found some other boys around here that are his age, so he finally has friends too. Yay!  Anyways, we will have friends here for the rest of the night, because Alissa arranged for her friends, Malaiyha and Jamie to come over for a sleep over tonight.  They plan to go outside and play night games with some of the other kids in the neighborhood, then they want to come in and watch scary shows on TV.  Also, Alissa asked if a boy could come over and watch the shows with them.  We'll see how that goes.  If they all come in too late, I won't let him in, but if it's not too late, I'll have to sit in the living room and watch the show with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment