Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Another Windy Night - June 3, 2015

Wednesday - June 3rd
We had another big wind storm tonight.  This one was worse than the last one.  It happened right before it got dark.  I'm hoping people will post pictures of the destruction in the morning.  The dumpster in our parking lot was pushed back and blown sideways, the fence was starting to break, and a neighbor's rain gutter was about to blow off the last time I looked out the window.  I couldn't stare out the window very much because Brinley and her friend, Teirnynn (who I was babysitting) were afraid.  It was pretty exciting.  The storm came in quickly.  Everything was calm and normal outside.  I sat down to work on some scrapbooking on the computer while Brinley, Parker, and Teirnynn played a game next to me.  I thought I heard a knock on the door, so I went to check.  I just barely turned the doorknob when the wind blew the door wide open.  The kids all came running.  We were so surprised and so shocked by how strong the wind was blowing.  We got the door shut and ran over to the window to watch the storm.  That's when the wind moved the dumpsters and it looked like the 2 trucks parked right outside were going to blow over.  Brinley and Teirnynn got really scared.  they both thought a tornado was coming and they begged me to say a prayer with them so they could feel safe.  We said a prayer then turned on the TV, to help cover up the sound of the wind.  They had a hard time not thinking about it.  Brinley was so scared, she was shaking.  They are funny girls.  Eventually the storm calmed down and we are all okay.
After the storm, Alissa started heading up the stairs, but stopped when she noticed the door to the attic was open.  It kind of freaked us all out.  I'm not quite sure how the storm did that.  I took a picture and sent it to Roger with a text mentioning something about being scared and somebodies living in the attic.  I can't remember exactly what I said, but it made him laugh.  I read a story a few months ago about a family, that experienced some strange thing, like weird noises and things disappearing from their home.  Eventually they found out that a homeless man had been living in their attic.  That's what this reminded me of.  I knew that wasn't the case, but it still freaked me out a little.
Alissa's friend, Malaiyah went to Young women's with her tonight.  Malaiyah was really nervous about being the new girl and nervous about how they would treat her.  She has never been to any church thing before.  Alissa said they had fun, but Malaiyah felt like the other girls were looking at her funny and she didn't really feel welcome.  I feel bad about that.  I wish it would have gone better.  I had really bad experiences when I first started Young Women's.  I didn't have any friends.  None of the girls liked me.  It was rough.  I hated church and never wanted to go.  It didn't get better until I was 16 years old and we had a big ward boundary change.  Anyway, I know that when I was treated so poorly and had no friends I wanted nothing to do with the church.  It wasn't until the boundary change, where they divided us in a way that we created a new ward, that things got better.
I worry about how things will go for Malaiyah.  I'm excited for her to be learning about the church.  I really hope that the girls in the ward do a better job to make her feel welcome.  She really needs to feel accepted and welcome.  She is a really cute, fun, nice girl, but she has low self esteem.  Anyway, I just hope things go better next time.  She told Alissa that she will go to Young women's with her one more time, but if things are the same as this time, she won't be going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment