Saturday, August 29, 2015

Another Night at the Fair - August 29, 2015

Saturday - August 29th
I spent the morning packing.  I'm super excited to move! I can't wait! 
Teirnynn came over and was here playing for most of the day.  
Roger had to go to the fair as part of his job in the search and rescue.  They had him man one of the entrances to the rodeo.  He said it was a lot of fun.  Before he left,  Brian and Keri came over on their way to the fair. Keri works for West Liberty Foods and she brought an order form for us so we could get a good deal on some lunch meat.  I ordered 10 lbs of ham for $8.75.  That's a good deal!  I'm glad they came.  We planned to look for them at the fair so Delany and Brinley could go on some rides together. 
Alissa was really sad before we left to the fair.  Her friend Erin had been planning on going ands had planned to buy a ride bracelet for Alissa and herself.  Alissa couldn't wait.  She was so excited!  But Erin canceled on her tonight.  She was so upset.   It took her a while to calm down.  When she finally calmed down and her and I talked for a while,  we went and picked up her friend Sydney and went to the fair. 
It was really crowded.  I had thought Wednesday was the most crowded night,  but I was way wrong!  Saturday was crazy crowded at the fair.  I didn't like that.  We went in and found Roger.  I made the kids and him pose for a picture.



Then we went to use up our remaining tickets.  While Alissa and Sydney were debating what ride they wanted to go on, we ran into the young women's president.  We visited with her for a little while.  It was hard to hear her and I could tell she couldn't hear is very well.  She was asking about Alissa's Friend Malaiyah. Malaiyah is coming home tonight and the missionaries can't wait to finish meeting with her and ask her to be baptized.  While we were taking to her,  Shahaley and her dad walked over to us.  I haven't seen them in a really long time.  I babysat Shahaley when she was 5 years old.  It was weird seeing her all grown up.  She's in ninth grade this year.  Her dad said that she is in the color guard.  Alissa really wants to be in the color guard.  She can't wait to be able to try out in the spring.  It was fun to see her again. 
 While we talked,  Alissa and Sydney decided what ride they would go on.  They decided to go on the spaceship,  spinney ride.  I can't remember the name.  They had fun.  They were a little dizzy afterward,  but they loved it.


After that,  we went to the restrooms.  On the way we ran into Brian and Keri. We arranged for then to meet us at the big slide so Brinley and Delany could go oh that together.  First,  Parker and Alissa went on the dragon roller coaster.







Brian and Keri met us at the Dragon Roller Coaster. Then we went to the slide.
Roger got to have a short break,  so he met us at the slide.  We walked with him to go get some food.   On the way,  we speed to try and decide what to get.  While we were stopped, Sydney saw a family she knew.  She ran over to them and brought them to meet us.  She told them that we were moving into their ward.  It turns out that the father in that family is the bishop in the 10th ward.  We visited with them for a little while.  They were very nice. 
Roger decided it was too crowded and he didn't know what he wanted,  so he want going to get anything and he needed to go back to where he was working.  The kids wanted to go home.  Brinley was scared because she could see lightening.  So,  we found Roger,  noticed a better spot to get him food,  got his food,  visited with him for a little bit,  then left.

 We went to McDonald's to get some food,  since it was cheaper than the fair.  We each had $2.00 to spend.  I got me 2 ice cream cones, Brinley got 2 bags of cookies,  and parker,  Alissa,  and Sydney got a soda and a cheese burger.  We relaxed and enjoyed our tummy food.


While we were there,  a girl walked by and pointed it that her and Brinley had the same shoes.  I said,  "nice!  You guys are shoe twins. "  The girl looked really familiar, but I couldn't figure out his we knew her.  I asked the kids and they couldn't figure it out either.  The girl walked by one more time and by the way she looked at us,  I could tell she was trying to figure out how she knew us. It finally clicked on my brain when we got home.  The little girl was Tabitha.  Brinley's friend from when we lived by Meadow Park.  She moved to Ogden,  so we didn't see here anymore. Brinley thought that was so crazy that she hadn't remembered her friend right away. 
After we finished at McDonald's, we took Sydney home then came home and the kids went to bed.  I had to stay up,  so I could pick Roger up from the fair when he finished.  There was a ton of traffic leaving the fair.  It was scary.  I don't like driving in all the crowded craziness.  I picked Roger up at the maverick to make thing easier.  I made him drive us home because of the traffic.
It was a fun day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment