Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Fair and A Chance to Get The House I Love - August 26, 2015

Wednesday - August 26th
We went to the fair tonight.  It was such a fun night. Before I get in to the fair stuff I have to tell you what happened before we went to the fair.
So, the house that I love, that is out of our price range (I posted about it a while ago).  I kept hoping for something to change and for us to be able to get it, but I knew it was very unlikely.  Yesterday, Roger's mom came and we went and saw 2 houses.  Neither of them were the house for us.  We came back home and talked for a little while about what our plans for finding a house would be.  We decided that we would keep looking, but Joyce won't keep coming every week to look at houses with us.  She would come if we found something or she will come again in 3 to 4 weeks.  Joyce said she had a pretty good idea of what we are looking for, but she asked me to tell her what I liked the most about all of the houses we had seen to give her a better idea of what we wanted.  I told her that I could just show her a picture of what I want.  I explained that there is a house on the market right now that is exactly what I want, but it is out of our price range.  I pulled up the listing on my phone for her to see.  That opened up a conversation about if there was a way that we could get a loan for the price they were asking.  Joyce called Raymond (the guy doing our loan) and asked him to look into all of our options and see if there is a different kind of loan that we could get that would give us more.  He said that he would work on that when he went into the office today.  We discussed it a little more and ended with that it wasn't very likely, but we'll wait and see what Raymond finds out.  Not last night, but the night before, I prayed and asked Heavenly Father to help us out with this house hunting.  I explained how I was feeling and I asked him to help us to know when we go house hunting what is the right house for us.  I felt really good after that prayer and I felt sure that Heavenly Father will inspire us and help us know what is good for us.  So, when we went house hunting yesterday, we really loved that Fielding house, but Heavenly Father helped us to know it wasn't the house for us.  Last night, I told Heavenly Father about the house that I wanted that was out of our price range.  I asked that if it was right, will he somehow make it work for us and help us get into that house.  If it's not right, I asked that he help us find a house that is similar to that one and of course help me be patient while we wait for it to come on the market.
This morning I messaged the owner of the house I want on Facebook.  I sent her a message before, because Alissa's friend, Sydney had told her about us and how we couldn't afford to pay what they were asking but we were interested.  Anyway, she was very nice and offered a suggestion of somebody who might help us get a bigger loan.  In the message I sent her this morning, I thanked her for being so kind to her response to me and I explained that we were working with a friend of the family to get a loan and he was going to see what he could do.  I just read her response a little before typing this up.  She said that I was sweet and now she likes me even more and she hopes I can work something out.  So, that's good!
An hour before it was time to go to the Fair Parade, I got a message from Raymond saying that he can get us a loan for $173,000 (the price they are asking).  I was so excited that it could actually be a possibility.  We called Roger's mom and she scheduled for us to go and walk through their house tomorrow.  Then we will give them our offer.  I really hope they will accept it.  I'm really excited at the possibility that this could work out.

Okay, back to the Fair stuff. Brinley was excited to wear her new school shoes while we went out and about today.  She thinks they make her look like a hip hop dancer, so this is the outfit she chose to wear with them.  She is a cute girl.  She loves to put together outfits.

Roger had to work, so he didn't get to come and enjoy the fair stuff with us today.
We parked at Sydney's house and walked to the parade.  Sydney's dad drove us a little bit of the way so we wouldn't have as far to walk.  Maryann had reserved an area for us to sit, by leaving her chairs there overnight.  That was nice.  Nobody had taken our spot, so we had a good place to sit.  The parade was fun, but hot.

When it was over, we walked back to Maryann's house.  We all got something to drink and the kids jumped on the trampoline for a little while.  After that, Sydney came home with us.  We couldn't decide if we were going to go to the fair tonight or not.  Alissa got a hold of Erin and she wanted to go.  The weather wasn't looking too bad, so we decided to go.  We ended up having so much fun!

It was the night when all the rides only cost one ticket, so we got to go on a lot of the rides.  When we first walked in, we couldn't decide what to do.
Parker decided to be brave and try one of the bigger scarier rides.  We ran into Heather, so the kids went on the ride with her.  I sat and watched with Brinley and Sydney.  Brinley didn't want to try any of the bigger rides and she was starting to feel overwhelmed.  Right at first, she kept saying she wanted to go home, but after she went on her first little ride, she wanted to stay and do more.
Parker was hilarious on the bigger scarier ride.  He was so nervous and trying so hard to be brave and strong.  His face went from being terrified, to looking like he was going to barf, to trying to be brave and tough and act like he liked it, back to being terrified and looking like he was going to barf.  Alissa was on one side of him and Heather was on the other.  The noticed how scared he was and both tried to get him to be happy about being on the ride.  Those were the times he acted brave, but as soon as they quit talking to him, he went right back to being terrified.  It was just really funny to watch and I was laughing so hard.  I'm glad that he tried it.  He came off of the ride claiming to have loved it.  He's a funny kid.


After that ride, we went to the restroom, then walked through and looked at the things people had entered in the fair.  Heather had entered somethings and her kids had too.  It was fun to see the things they did.  They did a good job.  My little ones were jealous that we hadn't entered anything.  I just never think about it, but I will try really hard to remember next year.
I love this picture that somebody entered in the fair.  I think it is such a good idea!  I took a picture so I won't forget.  I really want to make my own of these.


After looking at stuff, Heather went to rides more rides with her kids, Alissa and Erin went to go on some rides, and Sydney, Parker, Brinley stayed with me.  We went on a few of the smaller rides.  Parker and Brinley loved it.  They all had fun on the merry-go-round.

But, Parker didn't love going on the dragon ride without getting to sit next to someone he knows.  Brinley and Sydney sat in the front seats and Parker was in one of the middle seats.





They loved the dragon roller coaster and the big slide.  I knew they'd love those.  Every year I try to get them to go on those, but they are always too scared.  This year we had Sydney with us, so they toughened up and went on them with her.  They loved it!

We took a break from rides and and got some treats.  Alissa and Erin went back to riding the rides.

Then we headed over to the book mobile (per Sydney's request) and bought some books.  We actually had a lot of fun buying books in there.  They were all on sale for under $.50!  The kids found a lot of $.10 books that they wanted.  It was a lot of fun (except for the fact that we had to carry the bag of books around with us through the rest of the fair).

We found Alissa and Erin as they were starting to shut down the rides.  Erin headed home with her family and after saying good-bye, we headed home too.



We had a fun night at the fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment