Wednesday, August 12, 2015

My Wedding Dress - August 12, 2015

Wednesday - August 12th
This was Alissa's last day as a 12 year old.  I can't believe that tomorrow Roger and I will be the parents of a teenager!  That's crazy!
Anyway, as I was digging in my closet for the birthday decorations, I noticed my wedding dress and I realized, that Alissa is my height right now.  She won't be able to wear my dress when she gets married.  I'm pretty sure she will be much taller than me.  So, I mentioned that to her and she wanted to try it on.  That's what I was getting at.  I thought it would be fun for her to try it on while she's my height.  So, that's what we did.
Alissa thought it was fun.  She was excited that she was wearing an expensive dress.  She thought it was so cool and she felt so pretty in it.  She kept saying that she wishes she could wear this when she gets married.  It would be nice if we could make that happen somehow.  We took a bunch of pictures and maybe when she gets married we can recreate a few of them.  Just, we won't live here, so we won't have the same background.






After Brinley tried it on, we decided to let Brinley try it also.  They both thought it was really fun.  Parker was annoyed, but he came up and posed for a few pictures anyway.








We had a fun time tonight as we said goodnight to Alissa.  We did things like tug on her hair and said, "I was the last one to pull 12 year old Alissa's hair."  We did nice things too.  That's just the one that comes to mind.  It was funny.  We had a good laugh as we said our final good nights to 12 year old Alissa.  Tomorrow she will be 13!  A teenager!
I stayed up late baking cakes, cleaning the house, and decorating the house.  I think she will have a really good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment