Sunday, February 21, 2016

A Day of Baking - February 21, 2016

Sunday - February 21st
It's my sister Missy's Birthday today.  I always wish I lived closer to my sisters on their birthdays.  I think it would be fun to live  close enough so I could celebrate with them.
The weather was really nice today.  It is so nice to get to be playing outside again.  We are loving it!  Brinley is loving having so much room to practice her tricks.


 I ended up spending most of the day in the kitchen.  Roger wanted French bread, so we could make garlic bread to go with our dinner tonight.  So, I made french bread.  I needed to make regular bread, so we would have bread for lunches this week.  I decided that I wanted to try a different recipe this time.  The recipe I tried was Amish White Bread.  It uses a lot more milk, than I normally use when making bread.  I wondered what kind of difference it would make.  The bread turned out really good.  I'm definitely going to use this recipe again.  The recipe makes enough dough for 3 loaves of bread, but I only have 2 loaf pans, so I decided to use the remainder of the dough to make doughnuts.  My family was so excited when they tasted the doughnuts.  They were thrilled to know that I know how to make doughnuts.  I don't know why I've never made them for them before.  I guess it always just seems like too much work.  They loved the doughnuts.  They thought they tasted better than the store bought doughnuts.  I'm pretty sure we'll be making them again in the near future.
The other thing I made today was Homemade Cheez-its.  I printed up that recipe a long time ago.  I just haven't gotten around to trying it.  I figured that since I'd be in the kitchen all day, I might as well try them.  I didn't love them.  The girls thought they were okay.  Roger and Parker loved them!  They couldn't get enough.  Roger kept saying, "You're going to have to start making these all the time now." 
 I'm sure I took a picture of all of the treats I made today, sitting together on the middle of the counter.  But, looking through my pictures, I can't find it anywhere.  It's weird that I don't have that picture.  So, the only picture of the garlic bread I made is in the picture where the kids are eating their doughnuts.  The bread is sitting on the counter, off to the side.  If I find that picture, I'll post it.  I wonder if I did the thing, where I think about how I need to do something, then, I get distracted by something, but I imagine that I did it, even though I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment