Saturday, February 20, 2016

Enjoying The Warmer Weather - February 20, 2016

Saturday - February 20th
Today was such a nice day!  It was so fun to be able to go out an play outside for a while.  Alissa had to wake up early to go with the Young Women to do baptisms for the dead.  One of the leaders came to pick her up.  We were surprised when we opened the front door and there was an inch of snow on the ground and it was still snowing!  The weather hadn't mentioned anything about a snow storm.  So, I started the day thinking it was going to be snowy and cold all day.  Luckily, that wasn't the case.  Eventually the snow stopped, the clouds cleared, and the sun warmed everything up.  It was finally warm enough to play outside without a jacket.  
 I started my day, with a nap.  I went back to bed for a couple of hours after Alissa left with the Young Women.  When I woke up, Parker and Brinley were awake.  They were each doing their own thing.  Brinley was playing the computer and Parker was watching some YouTube videos on the I-phone.  I asked Parker and Brinley if they wanted some breakfast, but they had already fed themselves, so that was nice.  Brinley went to play something else and I took over the computer.  I'm trying to get caught up on my blog and I figured out a way to add videos. I can put videos on YouTube.  If I post them under unlisted, they don't show up in searches and the only way to get to them is from my blog.  I'm so happy about that!  I've been trying to find a way to add videos.  I thought I had a good way when I discovered google drive, but that didn't work because I quickly ran out of space and it kept threatening that my email wouldn't work until I deleted videos.  I deleted a bunch of them, but it still kept having that warning.  So, I deleted more, but the warning was still there.  I slowly deleted all of the videos I had on their, trying to get it to stop sending that warning.  Roger finally came and looked at it for me and figured out, that I deleted the movies and it kept them in a trash can folder.  He deleted the folder and it finally stopped saying I was out of space.  But all my videos were not on there anymore.  I always wanted to use YouTube, but I felt embarrassed to have the videos out there for everybody to see.  They are still out there for everybody to see, but the only ones who will see them are the readers of my blog and I'm okay with that.  Hopefully there is not a limit on how many videos I can post on YouTube.  If not, then I found my way to back up my videos.  I feel like my blog is a back up to all my pictures.  If anything happens and i lose my pictures, I know there are copies of them on my blog.
After my scrapbooking, Parker and I were sitting in the sun on the bench seat in the kitchen.  Parker was wishing it was warm enough to go outside.  I decided to open the window and see.  It felt really nice from the window.  Brinley heard us talking about it, so she ran and got her shoes, then went out to see how it felt.  She was excited to be able to practice her cartwheels outside where there is lots of room.  Brinley stayed out there for a while doing cartwheels.  Parker hurried to get ready and go out and play also.  First, he changed out of his pants and into his shorts.  He's goofy like that.  He was just excited that it felt warm enough.  My kiddos can't wait for summer.







Parker played with Brinley for a little bit, then he went to the front yard to ride the bike.  I say the bike, because it is not his bike.  It's Alissa's old bike, which is the only bike we have left for the kids, so they all share it.
After that, he got his roller-blades on and did some rollerblading.




Brinley went across the street and invited Ashley to come and play with  her.
 They had a lot of fun playing outside, but eventually they decided they were bored of the backyard and they wanted to go play at the park.
Autumn got ready and went over there with them.  Parker came back shortly after they left and said he had a bad feeling about it over there.  I don't like to let them go to that park without me, because there is a lot of trouble that goes on over there.  I got my shoes on and went over there with them.
Eventually, Roger woke up and came and joined us.  Alissa didn't want to come outside at all.  She was feeling a little sick and wanted to stay in bed.










We got home from the park and relaxed for a little while.
Brinley went over to play at Ashley's house.  I tried to figure out something for Roger to eat and I cleaned the kitchen.
Alissa had my phone and brought it to me when I got a text message from Malaiyah's mom.  She asked if the girls could play.  Brinley and Alissa were excited.  They have been missing Teirnynn and Malaiyah a lot.  Roger doesn't usually like them to have friends over, but since it had been so long since they've seen each other, he said it'd be fine.
They had a ton of fun with Malaiyah and Teirnynn here.  Brinley and Teirnynn did their make up, put on dresses, and made up some dances.  I had a lot of fun watching their cute dances they made up.  I'm glad they had so much fun together today.





 When Brinley and Teirnynn started feeling tired, they sat down and played with the cloud dough for a while.
Malaiyah and Alissa spent most of their time talking and playing on the phone and the computer.
They came with good news.  They aren't moving to Draper!  Their mom is getting married in April and they had planned to move to Draper after the wedding.  But things changed and they are going to stay in Tremonton!  Also, their mom got a new job, closer to home, with the same hours each day, so she will be home more.  They are happy about that and it will make it easier for us to plan play dates for them.
It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment