Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Feeling Frustrated - February 16, 2016

Tuesday - February 16th
I can't sleep.  I'm feeling so frustrated with the kids' school right now.  I've been thinking about it and praying about it all night.  Roger had to work overtime and I didn't have time to talk to him about it before he left.  He got to come home early because they weren't that busy. He got home a little after 1:00am, so I finally got to talk to him. He is now of a stickler than I am about the kids going to school,  so I didn't know what he would think our say. 
I've been worrying all night about what I should do tomorrow.  I really don't want to send Parker back to school. I talked to him after I posted that last post on here.  He said that he hasn't told us what was going on,  because he didn't want us to be upset with him. I promised not to get mad at him.  I explained that I had heard some things about how his teacher was doing things and how she was treating him. We told him that we don't want to get mad at him,  but we want to help him. If he is having issues and his teacher is not being nice,  we need to know so we can help him know how to handle and so we know if the teacher is being wrong and we need to step in to help him. 
So,  tonight he started telling me about what's been going on.  Last month,  we had come to the school for 2 meetings where we set up an iep and had a good plan worked out to help parker succeed and do well in school.  It had been going wonderfully,  but when the new teacher came in,  she refused to do any of that stuff.  Parker said he had asked the special ed Teacher for help to talk to his teacher.  He said that she had talked to his teacher,  but his teacher wouldn't do what the special ed Teacher asked. I listened to parker telling me about am the changes and the way the teacher had been dealing with him and taking to him and the more I heard the more frustrated,  upset,  and sad I got.  I really wanted this charter school to be a good thing.  It was working out so wonderfully until now.  It just feels like we area staying over,  dealing with the same stuff we sidled with at the public school.  I can't do it again.  I really don't want to send him to school tomorrow. He was crying add he went to bed about how he really doesn't want to go.  It just hurts my heart.  He was doing so well and he was loving school. Now we are back to the way it felt at the public school.  From the things I've heard and what parker described it sounds like,  Parker goes to school and it is just one long day of parker and his teacher butting heads. Not much schooling is getting fine.  Just a big power struggle.
Anyway,  Roger came home a and we talked about it.  We are both on the same page about this.  We do not want to have to deal with this again.  Parker has had to put up with a lot when it comes to school.  We don't want to have him in another bad situation where he is not learning anything and he is constantly getting yelled at by the teacher.  Roger is mad that we spent all that time setting up a plan and the new teacher came in and is disregarding all of it.  So,  we agreed that we will keep parker home tomorrow and we will arrange to meet with his teacher and the principal or who ever to get this resolved in some way.  We aren't sending him back into that situation.  I am so relieved that Roger and I are on the same page with this.  I just knew I couldn't send him to school tommorow. And I didn't know what I was going to do if Roger insisted that he go.  
Alright.  I'm tired now.  I just needed to vent for a little bit.  I'll have to read this tomorrow and see if it makes sense at all or if it is something I really wanted to blog about.  I'm sure I'll keep it,  because I like to use my blog as a journal.  I'll just have to correct spend and grammar or whatever.  Goodnight all. 

2 comments:

  1. Jenny! I hope it's ok that I am commenting on this post. You probably second guessed yourself posting it, but I feel like I should tell you what an amazing mom you are! I am in tears thinking of your sweet boy and how that Teacher is treating him! I want to give you both a hug! My Sophie (6) seems to be struggling in school also. Not emotionally, but she just can't seem to grasp a lot of the concepts that she should know by now. It is so sad and disheartening watching your child struggle when it seems every other kid just breezes through everything! I'm on the same page, I don't want school to be a bad experience for my kids!

    Keep pushing and pushing for what is best for Parker. I don't know the ins and outs of charter schools, but you fight to get him a new teacher or whatever you need to do. He is so lucky to have you as his mom. I will pray that you find the answers that you need!

    I sure love and miss you and hope everything works out for Parker!! Loves!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course I don't mind you commenting on this post. I always wonder if people even read these things I post. Thank you for your comments. It feels good to hear that you care and it makes things a little easier to feel like I'm not alone and I have someone on my side.
      I kept Parker home from school yesterday and he is home again today. I won't send him back until they will meet with us and we can make a plan on how we can deal with the situations that have been happening.
      If they don't get back to us or we meet and the teacher is unwilling to try something different with him, we will homeschool again. I've been doing a lot more reading and talking to other moms who homeschool and I'm feeling a little more confident about it this year, so it won't be terrible if we go back to homeschooling. So, we'll see. Hopefully things work out and if it doesn't, hopefully things won't end on an ugly note with this school.
      I miss you too! Thank you for being my friend still, after all these years.

      Jenny

      Delete