Thursday, May 21, 2015

Alissa has Laryngitis - May 21, 2015

Thursday - May 21st
So, I finally took Alissa to see a doctor.  She lost her voice about 2 weeks ago.  I kept thinking it was a cold and it would go away.  I hate going to the doctor, because so many times when I go, I end up leaving feeling like it was a waste of time and money and like the doctor thinks I must be stupid.  We go in, and almost always find out it was nothing or some simple cold or flu and there's nothing they can do, just let it run it's course.  It's just really frustrating that the doctor always has a way of making me feel like I was really stupid for coming in for whatever reason.  Anyway, so I just didn't want to go, but after 2 weeks with no improvement, I had to.
It turns out she has Laryngitis.  They gave her some medicine while we were there that helped her voice enough that she can talk a little better and they gave her an antibiotic.  She is happy to be able to talk a little better tonight.  Not having her voice was getting really frustrating for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment