Saturday, May 2, 2015

Daddy Daughter Trip to Salt Lake - May 2, 2015

Saturday - May 2nd
Alissa is super emotional lately.  She came home from school yesterday and just couldn't stop crying.  She cried and cried and cried.  It made me feel so sad.  She said she was just sad.  She refused to play with any friends, she just wanted to sit in her room and cry.  She spent the whole evening crying.  When I'd go talk to her, she tell me about her sadness - She hates living here, she misses our old house, She hates school - those are her biggest problems.  She just kept saying that she just wants to get away.  She needs to get out of the house and go do something fun, so she can stop thinking about everything that is upsetting her.
Anyway, nothing we did or said was working to get her to calm down.  I tried to cheer her up when she first came home, but I didn't feel like I was getting through to her, so I left her to her crying and came downstairs to get some stuff done.  When Roger woke up, I told him what was going on and asked him to go talk to her.  He is really good at making people feel better and motivating people to think more positively.   I thought for sure Roger would get through to her.  But, she was still really sad and crying when he walked out of her room.  My heart was breaking seeing her like that.  It just hurt so bad to see her so sad and hurting.
We left her to her crying and did our best to do our normal things.  I made dinner and got Roger off to work.  Then I went upstairs to talk to her again.  I tried everything I could think of to encourage her to be happy, but she was still crying when I walked out of her room.  She said she was too upset to come downstairs and eat, so I brought her food up to her.  She stopped crying when I brought her food up to her.  She said she was trying really hard to be happy.  I talked to her a little more.  We talked about ways that she could be happy and a solution to one of her problems - to get out of the house - we planned to go and do something fun today, we just hadn't figured out what yet.
I left Alissa to eat her food and she decided to watch some home videos to help cheer her up.  Then, Roger called and he told me that he thought maybe it would be good if he took Alissa on a trip to Salt Lake, just him and her.  They would ride the frontrunner downtown and go sight seeing.  I knew Alissa would love that.  After I told her, about Roger's idea, she cheered up a lot quicker.  She thanked me for coming in and talking to her.  She said the advice Roger and I had given her, really helped her to feel better.  It was just a crazy day.  It was rough seeing her so sad.  And it was rough trying so hard to get through to her and feeling like nothing was working.  Alissa is normally a very happy person.  It was weird not having my happy Alissa for that little while.  I didn't like it.
Anyway, she eventually snapped out of it and going to Salt Lake with Roger, really helped her out a lot.  She needed that outing.  I'm glad to have my happy Alissa back.
Here are the pictures they took on their outing.













No comments:

Post a Comment