Monday, May 25, 2015

Roger's Birthday - May 25, 2015

Monday - May 25th
Roger turned 36 years old today.  Since it was stormy this weekend, we decided not to go any where for Roger's birthday.  Also, I think he couldn't decide exactly what he wanted to do.  He was tired from working so much and decided that he just wanted to have a relaxing day at home.  I really didn't know what to think of this, because Roger is the one who always wants to get out of the house.  I love staying home to relax, so I was happy about it.  I decorated the house and made some pies for him.  Dan came to hang out and celebrate with us.  I think Roger had a really nice day.  We had a BBQ, sang to Roger and ate some pie.  Dan and the kids played a fun game with Parker's dart guns.  The kids loved it.  It was fun to watch them play.  I didn't try to join in the fun, because I had a brilliant idea that I wanted to try with my hair and I knew it was going to take a while to do, so I was busy working on it.  Dan and Roger also spent some time playing World of War Craft.  The dart game ended after Alissa fell.  she didn't hurt herself, but she couldn't stop herself from crying.  she was really frustrated about that.  She couldn't figure out why she couldn't stop crying.  It made her laugh.  so, she was sitting in the living room laughing and crying and feeling really frustrated by her crazy girl emotions.  Dan was afraid that she really hurt herself and he didn't want anybody else to get hurt, so they quit playing the game.
It was a fun day.  Dan headed home shortly after we put the kids up to bed.  Then Roger and I relaxed together for a while.
We went and did Roger's birthday shopping on Saturday.  Roger got a nice new hand held GPS.  He loves it.  We also bought some camping gear and a couple of Christmas gifts for the kids while we were there. Al's Sporting goods was having a really good sale because of Memorial Day.  It was a fun shopping trip.  Also, Roger ordered a hockey sweatshirt that he has been wanting for a while.
The weather started to get bad when we had our barbecue.  The wind really picked up and it made it harder for our food to cook.  Luckily we were just having sausages and hot dogs, so it didn't need as much time to cook.  Roger and I were standing out by the grill, trying to block the wind from getting it too much, when Roger pointed out that the storm was really bad over there.  I looked where he was pointing and you could see that an area not too far from us was getting hit really hard.
The place the storm hit the hardest was in Garland, where my friend, Lisa Spotten lives.  She took some pictures and videos.  They got 4 inches of hail!  It was the craziest thing I've ever seen.





No comments:

Post a Comment