Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Parker's Birthday! - May 19, 2015

Tuesday - May 19th
Parker said that today was his best birthday ever!  That makes me happy.  Yesterday he got to bring a friend ice skating with Roger and Alissa.  He loved that.  He invited his friend Simon.  They all had a lot of fun, except at one point Simon fell and hit his face really hard on the ice.  He has a bruised cheek and he bit a little hole in his lip.  I feel really bad about that, but Simon was tough and says that he is fine.  Brinley and I didn't go ice skating with them because Brinley hurt her foot at school and she really doesn't like ice skating.
Last night, Alissa and I stayed up late decorating the house so Parker could wake up and feel like he is spending the whole day at a party.  I love doing that.

Alissa stayed home from school to keep Parker company, so he would be bored on his birthday.  In the morning, we let Parker open up one gift before Brinley left to school.  He loved it.
Parker came with me to walk Brinley to the bus this morning.  We got a lot of rain, so the street was flooded.  It made the walk to the bus a lot more fun.






Parts of the sign had fallen off because of the rain.



 After Brinley left to school, Alissa took a small nap, Parker played the computer, and I decorated Parker's birthday cake.  Parker had told me that he wanted a Minecraft cake.  So, a few days ago, me and him spent some time looking at cakes on Pinterest.  He found the cake he loved, he pointed it out to me and said, "Now that's a Minecraft cake."  I looked at it for a little bit and asked, "What is it supposed to look like?"  He replied, "A Minecraft cake."  I was like, "I know it's a cake, but what is it supposed to look like?"  He looked at me and said a little slower, "A Minecraft Cake."  I explained, "I know it's a Minecraft cake, but what is it supposed to look like in the game of Minecraft.  It's a cake made to look like what?"  Again, he said, "It's a Minecraft Cake.  It's supposed to look like a Minecraft cake."  I was looking at him a little frustrated and confused, so he said, "Let me show you."  He pulled up a youtube video.....
and I finally understood.  You can make a cake on Minecraft and this is what he wants his cake to look like.  I thought it was funny that it took me so long to figure it out.
I couldn't find all of my square cake pans, so I couldn't make the cake into a perfect square like I wanted to, but it still turned out pretty good.  Parker was very happy with it.
After Brinley got home from school and Simon came over, Parker opened his presents, then we had cake and ice cream.  Simon made Parker a really cool card, Alissa gave him some Minecraft Legos and a really cool card she made, Brinley gave him some cool airplane and helicopter toys, and Roger and I gave him a bunch of Hot wheels things.  He loved it all!
We spent the rest of the day relaxing and enjoying Parker's new toys.  Simon stayed over until 8:00pm.  And at bedtime, Parker just kept telling me how happy he was and what a great day he had.  I can't believe my little boy is 11 years old already.  It's crazy!


















No comments:

Post a Comment