Friday, May 8, 2015

Ground Breaking Ceremony For Kids' New School - May 8, 2015

Friday - May 8th
We went to the ground breaking ceremony for the new charter school the kids will attend next year.  It is called Athenian Academy.  I'm so happy to have another option for school.  We keep ending up living in the North Park School boundaries and I have had so much trouble with that school.  I'm so relieved to not have to deal with them any more.
Erin came home from school with Alissa today so they could hang out for a while, so she got to come with us to the Ground Breaking.  They had shovels so the kids could help with the ground breaking.  The kids liked it a lot.













I made a new friend!  Her name is Natalie Earl.  She is an Earl!  The Earls (her husbands grandparents)  lived in Montana, near my mom's family when they joined the church.  Grandma said that the Earls helped them a lot when they joined the church and they became really good friends.  eventually, the Earls moved to Tremonton and My mom's family moved to Salt Lake.  They stayed in touch and would come to Tremonton to visit the Earls often.  My mom had fond memories of coming to Tremonton and playing with the Earls.  When we first moved to Tremonton, my mom and Grandma told me their names and told us we need to go meet them.  So, Roger and I did.  They were very nice and we had a lot of fun visiting with them.  They told us we could come back anytime to visit and let the kids jump on the trampling or just run around because they had a lot of property.  We never did take them up on that offer though.  I kept wanting to meet one of the younger Earls.  I fully expected that I would because Tremonton is not that big.  anytime I met someone with the last name Earl, I'd ask them if they were related, but they never were.  But today I finally met someone related.  she also happens to be good friend with Elizabeth Spotten (my good friend and old neighbor).  We had a lot of fun talking.  She seems very nice.  It's funny what a small world it is.  Hopefully I will get to see her more, since our kids will be going to the same school.  They are also selling their house.  I had looked at it online, since, Elizabeth Spotten had told me about a house near hers that is for sell.  They are going to be moving into the house that we visited the first time we went and met the Earls.  Carol Earl recently passed away and they will be buying her house.  Grandma Mathison and her still keep in touch.  I'm sad to have to tell Grandma of her passing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment