Thursday, May 28, 2015

Funnel cloud - May 28, 2015

Thursday - May 28th
The weather wasn't too bad today, but when it was time for Alissa to start walking home, I noticed that it looked like a storm was coming.  I walked outside to check it out.  It was really warm still and the sun was shining right above me, but there was a big storm coming and it was moving fast.  The clouds looked really dark and scary and I knew the storm would hit while they were walking.  As I was watching the storm quickly moving toward us, I wondered if this was prime conditions for a tornado, because it was so warm and sunny and a cold storm was coming fast.  I don't know much about tornadoes, but I know it is caused by the warm and cold air colliding.  Anyway, I decided that it would be a good idea to go and pick them up.  I came inside, got the keys, told Roger about the storm and why I was going to pick them up, and headed out the door.
As I was pulling out of the parking lot, I noticed a cloud that was starting to look like a funnel cloud.  I kept looking over at it as I drove.  It definitely was a funnel cloud.  I've never seen one before.  I couldn't decide if I should be excited or scared.  I was watching it trying to decide how close it was.  I was glad that I was going to pick them up and hoped that we wouldn't encounter a tornado on our drive back home.  I got to the school and the kids piled in.  when I turned us around to head home, I couldn't see the funnel cloud anymore.  the girls kept saying that they were seeing it, but I couldn't.  Anyway, it was exciting to see.  I'm glad it didn't reach the ground and become a tornado.  I was bummed that I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture.  But when I checked Facebook tonight, I found that a lot of people stopped to take pictures.  So, I copied some picture from Facebook to show you what I saw.  It was so exciting.



No comments:

Post a Comment