Tuesday, December 18, 2018

A Fun Day With Roger - December 18, 2018

Tuesday - December 18th

I got the kids to school this morning. I always feel so proud of myself when i'm able to accomplish that. I have a hard time sending them and they have a hard time wanting to go.
After they left, i went to the computer to update my blog and write about our Christmas parties. It took longer than expected, because i got distracted making scrapbooking pages.
Around 10ish, Alissa called me. She was walking o over to the school from the natatorium. She had just got out of her swimming class. She told me about a stupid fundraiser the school is doing this week. They took away claw time from everybody this week. Claw time is an extra 30 minutes for lunch or to relax or do what you want. If you are behind in a class, you could use claw time to get caught up.
So, to raise money, they took away claw time and will only let students who pay them $1 each day, earn it back. So, they took away something they normally get and are making them buy it back.
The other thing they are doing is every hour they will blast a loud and annoying Christmas song over the intercom until somebody comes in the office and pays them $1.
I think it's wrong to do this kind of a fundraiser. Punishing the kids unless they give you money is wrong.
Roger and i made a funny of this later today. When we got home, we told the kids that they can't play any games unless they pay us $1 first.  Also, I will karaoke loudly throughout the day and I'll only stop if they pay me $2.  It costs more to get me to stop. since I love to karaoke. Lol!

The kids had to find a ride home today, because we had to be in Logan for Forest to get his hair cut.  The only time we could get him in, was the time the kids would get out of school.  They were okay though.  Khloe's mom agreed to give them a ride home.  They just had to walk over to the charter school to catch their ride.
Roger and I dropped Forest off then went out to eat.  We went to Buffalo Wild Wings.  We won a gift card to eat their.  So, it was free food.  We'd been there before.  We didn't think the food was too bad, but this time, the food we ate wasn't very yummy.
After we ate, we had some time to kill while we waited for Forest.  We sat in the truck for a while thinking about what we could go and do.  Roger had the best idea.  He suggested we go bowling.  I haven't  been bowling in over 17 years.  It's been a really long time.  Roger and I had a lot of fun.  I felt like I started out playing pretty decent, but then I slowly got worse.  Roger, of course, did amazing.  He is always good at every sport.  It's crazy and a little frustrating.  Sometimes, I'd like to win.  That's all.  Anyway, I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong.  I figured it out at the very end of the second game.  I managed to knock the remaining pins down.  Since I got a spare, I got to go again.  Since, I had figured it out, I was able to get a strike pretty easily.  I was so happy that I had figured out what I was doing wrong and now I could get the ball to go where I wanted it to.  But our games were over.  Roger didn't want to play another round because his fingers were hurting from the way he was playing.  I kept telling him how awesome I will be when we play again.  I really hope I don't forget and I hope it won't be too long before we get to go play again.
I took a video of Roger bowling and he got a strike while I was recording.  So, I jokingly told him that he had to record me so that I would get a strike to.  I explained that with the camera on, it will for sure happen.  Lol!  So, he recorded me.....and....sure enough, I got a strike.  Here is the videos I took of our fun today.  I didn't take a lot of video.
We noticed some pool tables when we first walked in, so we decided to play pool until it was time to get Forest.  It was really fun to play pool.  I feel like I at least gave Roger a little bit of a challenge playing pool.  Bowling was no contest at all.  He won by a lot while we were bowling.


 The kids all made it home from school safely.  Parker had been a little nervous since it took Alissa so long to meet him in our usual spot.  He was afraid she had left him.  He was really relieved when she showed up and they were able to walk to the Charter school to get their ride.
Here are some pictures of Forest after his haircut.  He's gotten a lot chunkier since his last haircut.  We decided we need to be better at getting him out and exercising.
 Here are a couple pictures of our little Butters.  He's a cute dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment