Friday, December 21, 2018

Kristen's Birthday - December 21, 2018

Friday - December 21st

It's my niece, Kristin's, 22nd birthday. I woke up early to get Alissa off to school. Parker stayed home, since they only had a half day and weren't doing any work. Brinley didn't go either, but she didn't stay home. She stayed the night at Khloe's house.
I took a nap after Alissa went to school. Parker took some pictures of the doggies and I napping.
When I woke up, I packed my bag, did my hair, and got ready to go before it was time to pick up Alissa from school. I picked Alissa up at noon. Tonya came home with her. After we got home, Roger woke up and it was time to go. Brinley stayed at Khloe's and Parker stayed home with the doggies. Alissa, Tonya, Roger, and I went to Ogden to take Alissa to the orthodontist. After her appointment, we went to Costco to get some things, then they dropped me off at the Frontrunner.
It was weird riding it alone. I like it better when all the kids are with me. This weekend will be weird without them.
I came to Linda's to help her clean and pack for her move to Florida. I really don't want her to move. I'm excited for her, but bummed for us. I hope they move back soon, but I don't know if that will happen. Elizabeth is pregnant and they are going to be grandparents this summer. I hope that will bring them back. Anyway, so, I'm here without my Roger and kiddos. I wish they were here.
I listened to a podcast while I rode the Frontrunner. It helped the time to go by fast. After I got to Linda's, we loaded into the jeep to go out to eat for Kristin's birthday. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings. Roger and I went there the other day and really didn't like the food we had. This time, I tried a burger. It was much yummier than I expected. It was a cheese curd cheeseburger. It was really good. Linda ordered the food I had ordered the other day (I should have warned her, but I was too focused on deciding what I wanted to eat and didn't pay attention to what she was ordering), she really didn't like her food.
The waitress took our order, then we waited and waited.......... and waited. The table next to us, got seated after us and was halfway finished eating their dinner when I realized we must have been forgotten or something. I went to find out what was going on and let them know we were still there. The waitress came over and apologized. She said another waitress (who was new) gave our food to another table. She said she put our order in again and they were making it a priority. Linda needed to get to Costco before they closed so she could get Kristin's cake.  Dinner was taking much longer than expected, so she decided to hurry over to Costco while we waited for our food. Lizzy went with her. The food came about 10 minutes after they left. Except for my food, it took another 10 minutes to get done. The waitress apologized and asked if everything looked okay. We said yes, but after she left, I realized they had gotten my order wrong. I had asked for no onions on my burger and onion rings on the side instead of fries. There were onions on my burger and fries on the side. I was tired of waiting for my food and at least I had my burger. The onions were easy to take off, so I decided not to say anything. We were there for ever because of the mix up.  I didn't want to make us wait even longer for them to get my order right.
 After dinner, we came to Linda's, sang the happy birthday song to Kristin, and ate cake and ice cream. 
Then we watched elf. That always makes me laugh. I was tired and started to fall sleep during the movie. I sent goodnight messages to the kiddos at 9:30. I was surprised to find out they were all in bed already. Roger had texted around 7:30 that he was going to bed, so I knew he was asleep already. I just thought the kids would have stayed up late. Alissa called and told me they were all in bed and she didn't feel well. She had a tummy ache so she was going to bed.
Anyway, I'm in bed now. Jenny Springman just called. We had plans this weekend, but they changed since I was coming here and she was going to spend a day at Bear Lake, visiting her sister.
She just called to say her plans changed again and she wanted to know what I was doing. I told her I will be cleaning and packing tomorrow. She knew we were having fried chicken on one of the days this weekend, because I had invited her already. I invited her to come help us tomorrow, but she said, "Uhhhh... When are you having fried chicken?" I told her Sunday. She said, "I'll just come then." We had a good laugh over that. I'm pretty sure it doesn't sound funny written out, but they way she said it was funny. Too bad you couldn't be a part of the conversation and hear it, because it really was funny. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment