Saturday, December 22, 2018

Helping Linda Move - December 22, 2018

Saturday, December 22nd

I spent the day going through Linda's stuff and helping to clean. She is giving away a lot of stuff and it was hard to not take it. So, I'm going home with a lot of stuff. Linda was like, "Great. Now we have to give Jenny a ride home." Since I have too much stuff to take on the Frontrunner. Lol.
My sisters Missy and Shelley came over to help also.  Missy and I were trying to remember these Smurf songs we used to listen to when we were little.  I have searched a few times before this and have not been able to find them.  We were finally able to find them today.  We found them on YouTube.  At first, I found one of the songs, but the words had been changed.  It was really hard to find the original.  They changed the words from "We don't believe in school days, we want more Sundays.  We don't believe in school days, Sundays are fun days." to "We don't believe in Sundays, we want more school days.  We don't believe in Sundays, school days are fun days."  I was quite appalled to hear that.  The original is the truth.  We don't like school days.
Anyway, it was really fun to find the songs on YouTube and it was fun to reminisce. I saved a playlist on YouTube here.
Another thing from our childhood that came up was our Grandpa Time clock.  It was Kristy's clock, but she shared it with us.  Grandpa Time would read us stories each night and tell us when it was time for bed.  I probably only brushed my teeth each night, because Grandpa Time told me to.  We loved Grandpa Time.  Click here to see some YouTube videos we found of the stories he used to read us.  When we started cleaning again after talking, we found Grandpa Time.
 
Elizabeth came over to get some stuff, then I went with her and Kristin to Walmart. I bought stocking stuffers and pajamas for Christmas eve. I feel better about having what we need for Christmas now.
Linda's neighbor brought us pizza for our dinner. We ate that and watched Mama Mia 1 and 2. My dad is here. He ordered them. I loved those movies.  I love Abba and it was really fun to hear and see the songs used in a musical.  It was hard not to cry at the end of the last one where she is missing her mom, who had passed away.
Lizzy put Cupcake in this little bassinet.  It was cute, but hard to get a good picture of her.



Roger said there was an accident at his work today. I'm curious to ask him about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment