Sunday, December 23, 2018

Chicken Dinner at Linda's - December 23, 2018

Sunday- December 23rd

I woke up right before Linda, Dave, and dad went to church. I packed linen in boxes while they were gone.
When Linda got home, we went to the store so she could buy what she needed to make the chicken dinner tonight.  We also bought ourselves some yummy green onion cheeseball.  Linda introduced me to this yummy cheeseball.  I love it.  My eyes have been opened to the possibility that there are more cheeseballs in the world that I will enjoy.  I don't have to stick with one recipe only.  There are many yummy cheeseballs.
We ate green onion cheese ball and started watching battle of the bulbs ( a cheesy hallmark movie).  Kristin put a Christmas sweater on Cupcake.  She looked too cute, so I had to take a picture.
We stopped halfway through, because Dave's sister came to help clean and pack stuff. We cleaned up and moved more stuff. While we were doing that, Jenny Springman came. I went with her to get lunch, then we came back to help clean and organize.
5pm is when our chicken dinner get together started.  We ate yummy food, then did the nut in the pudding. Kristin won.

After that, we sat in the living room and sang Christmas songs.  Linda pulled up Christmas karaoke videos on YouTube.  It was a little awkward at first, so I helped by being embarrassing.  I scared the dog really bad, when I joined in by singing loud and scary. Lol.  Everybody got a good laugh and the dog stayed away from me for a little while.  It was funny.  I did some more weird stuff to help keep things light and fun.  I guess I don't really like it when things get too serious.  I had the idea that we could act out the songs we were singing.  I came up with that at the start of 'Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer'.  Dave said, "You be grandma.  I'll be the reindeer."  Them he came charging at me.  It was pretty funny.
After singing a few songs, we decided to watch our old Christmas contest videos. That was fun.
It was a good night.  I just wish Roger and my kiddos had been here with us.  It's weird to be here with out my little family.
Parker sent me these cute pictures of our doggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment