Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Filming Our Christmas Video - December 5, 2018

Wednesday - December 5th

We planned on filming our Christmas video today.  Parker's friend, Damien, wanted to be in the video this year, so he planned to come over after school.  I forgot that Alissa had to work, so I knew I was only going to be able to film part of the video and I'd have to film the rest when Alissa is here.  I had the basic idea of what I wanted the video to be, but I was still trying to put it together in my mind, with how I wanted it to look and how I wanted to start it out.  I knew for sure we'd be doing dances, so I figured we could at least get started on recording those.
We were talking before we started to film and the idea of doing the Harlem Shake came up.  I've been wanting to do a Harlem Shake video for a while now, so we decided to hurry and record that, then work on our video.  Here's our Harlem Shake video:
We started recording our Christmas video today.  We took a lot of footage.  We didn't end up using any of it in our video.  The problem was that I had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I still hadn't had the vision in my mind of how I wanted to put it all together and how I wanted it to look.  The kids were excited to get going on it, so we started recording and I hoped inspiration would hit and I would figure it out as we went.  Inspiration didn't hit until the next day.  So, we didn't use any of this footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment