Friday, March 4, 2016

Our Vlog - March 4, 2016

Friday - March 4th
We have been talking about starting a vlog for a really long time.  We've made videos for it before, but never posted any of them.  I decided that we need to just go for it.  So, today we recorded lots of videos of ourselves.  It was fun.  After the kids went to bed, I came downstairs to watch the videos and find the best parts to make into our first vlog.  It's a little overwhelming.  We didn't do a wonderful job.  Here's what I realized.  I really don't like the way I look on camera.  I thought I could be tough and pretend I don't care so we could finally do this vlog.  But I can't.  I'm really not happy with the way I look on the videos.  My favorite videos are the ones the kids filmed, but they shake the camera way too much.
At the end of the day, when I put all the videos on the computer, I remembered that I have a selfie stick that would make our videos better.  I pulled it out and we filmed a short video with it.  That video was much better than all the videos we filmed earlier today.  So, I think that I'm not going to edit and produce our vlog video today.  I think we can do better.  Tomorrow, if all goes as planned, I will post our first vlog.  I think it will be fun.  We have a lot of ideas.  We have a ton of videos to post already.  There have been many times that we decided we wanted to vlog, so we started making videos.  I just never edited them and posted them.  I'm going to start looking through our videos and posting some of those.  I also have many videos from before vlogging even existed that I think would be fun to post.  I've always loved making videos.  We have many reenactment videos of funny things we've seen or funny stories that have happened.
So, my plan is to stop being so shy about my videos and my blog.  I have posted links to my blog on Facebook once or twice, but I think I need to get it out there more.  Especially if we are going to start vlogging.  I need to get more traffic to our vlogs and my blog.
We'll see how this all goes.
Today was short day, so Alissa got out of school at 12:30pm.  I love that they have short days on Fridays at this school.  All the other schools around here have short day on Wednesday and that bugs me.  Also, late start bugs me.  I think short day should always be on Friday and it should be early out not late start, that way you get out early on Friday and it makes your weekend just a little longer.  I think it is nice that way.
After Parker and Brinley woke up, They got dressed and ate breakfast while I pulled out a bunch of the homeschooling books we have.  We have a ton of homeschooling books! I am surprised at all the books we have.  It's a little overwhelming.  We had a lot of fun going through the books and talking about want things we'd like to work on.  We have a container with a lot of papers from when my mom was going to school.  There are a lot of fun ideas and activities in there.  After going through the curriculum books, we watched some videos and learned about frozen foods.  Sunday is National Frozen Food Day, so I thought I'd include it in our homeschooling.  We learned about frozen food, tomorrow we will go to the store and buy some frozen foods, and on Sunday, we will celebrate by eating the frozen foods.  I think it will be fun.
We didn't get a ton of homeschooling done before it was time to go pick up Alissa.  After Alissa got home, we decided to start vlogging.  We spent a lot of time recording videos.  Roger woke up, I made him some food, then we went to pick Erin up from school.  She came to play for a while, because her brother, Ben was in the hospital having a surgery.  It was something small, so he is home tonight.  
It is Malaiyah's birthday today, so Alissa and Erin got to go swimming with Malaiyah then they went out to eat.  They all had a lot of fun.  After they got home and Erin left, Alissa pretty much fell asleep right away.  That is not normal for her.  She usually stays up pretty late.
I'm getting really tired, so I'm going to go to bed now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment