Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day - March 17, 2016

Thursday - March 17th
I really like our new St. Patrick's Day traditions.  It's fun.  The kids were excited to wake up this morning and find their shoes and the gold rocks hidden in the house.  It was extra easy to hide everything, since the house is such a mess.  It made for a lot more hiding places.  I'm not loving the house being such a disaster, but I'm trying to look on the bright side of things.  I really am feeling weak and tired still, so it is really hard to get around to all of the house work I need to get caught up on.
Anyway......so....back to what I was originally talking about.  St. Patrick's Day.  Parker was the last one to wake up this morning, because he was sick last night.  He had an upset tummy and the throw ups right before bed.  I was really relieved when he woke up and was feeling a lot better.
I stayed up late last night, filled their shoes with a shirt and some candy, then hid them in the house.  I took a picture of their shoes before I hid them.
 I also made some green rice crispy treats before I went to bed, so that we could have them for breakfast.
 The girls woke up first.  Here they are searching for their shoes.  Brinley slept in the shirt she got last year, so nobody would pinch her in the morning.
 Alissa had to get ready for school.  She posed for a picture really fast.  She wasn't allowed to wear her shirt at school, because they were supposed to wear their normal uniforms.  She normally wears a sweatshirt all day, so nobody can see what shirt she is wearing anyway, so she wore her shirt today.  Right after Alissa got all ready, she got a bloody nose.  She was really frustrated because some blood got on her new shirt.  We scrubbed at it for a while with a baby wipe and managed to get it out.  You can't even see the stain in this picture.  We did good.
 Parker was not in the mood to search for his stuff when he woke up.  He was feeling better from last
night, but he wanted to take it easy still, so he asked me to just tell him where his stuff was.  He got green mustaches in his shoe.  We also gave the kids a small little treasure chest they could paint and two cute little magical pets.  I forget what the pets are called.  They are just dinky, fun little toys.  I remember that I loved them when I was little.

 Parker was nice and shared his mustaches.
 We didn't forget our cake tradition.  Last year we started the tradition of making a St. Patrick's Day cake with the rule that you can eat a St. Patrick's Day cake anytime you want during the day.  You don't have to wait for a certain time.  It's cake with no rules.  Brinley took advantage of that idea and decided to eat her cake before I had a chance to decorate it.



 Brinley's funny.  I love it!

We had green food for dinner.  I made Fettuccine Alfredo with Broccoli.  IT looked funny but tasted yummy.  We ran out of Parmesan cheese though.  That was frustrating, because it taste much better with lots of Parmesan.


After we ate, the kids all went out to play with friends.  Parker went to play with Damien and Conner, Brinley went out to play with her friends across the street and next door to us, and Alissa and I went to visit Sydney and her mom for a little while.  Sydney came home with us after that.  Roger went to work, then I came downstairs to try and finish organizing the office.  I got a lot done, but I was very cautious about working too hard and getting sick.  I started to feel sick, so I quit.  It was crazy.  When I started to feel too tired, my body felt weak and my throat started to feel sore.  I stopped immediately after I felt that.  There is no way I want to get sick again.  That last sickness I had was horrible.  So, it's frustrating that I didn't get to get everything I wanted done today, but it is nice that I had an excuse to sit down, relax, and get caught up on my blogging and scrapbooking.
While I was down here working, the kids were all upstairs doing their own thing.  Alissa must have taken this picture during that time.

I went upstairs sometime in between 8:00 and 9:00pm to check on the kids and was surprised to see that they had all fallen asleep.  Brinley and Parker were both in their beds, but Alissa was on the couch in the family room.  She still had a friend over.  I sent a message to Sydney's mom to come and get her.  Normally we walk Sydney home, but since the kids were all asleep, I didn't want to leave them, plus I'm scared to walk home by myself.  So, Sydney left, I came back downstairs to finish my blogging and scrapbooking, and now I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment