Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Science - March 16, 2016

Wednesday - March 16th
For our homeschooling today, we spent some time watching Physics Girl on YouTube.  While watching her, we were inspired to go try one of the experiments we saw her do.
Parker and Brinley were so excited to do some science.  They had fun.  We covered the bottom of some pie tins with milk, added some food coloring, then dipped a Q-tip with dish soap on it into the milk.  The fat in the milk moves away from the soap and makes the food coloring spread out like fireworks.  It was fun to see.




After that Parker and Brin wanted to experiment some more.  We tried, oil, water, and food coloring.  It wasn't as impressive.  They liked how the water looked sparkly after the mixed it all together.


We added a little milk to the mixture to see what it would do.  Brinley's was mixed really well, so the milk just blended in, but Parker's looked really cool.

After that, we added vinegar and baking soda for more fun. 


I had a busy night.  I really don't love to be busy.  I went to Cub Scouts at 4:00 until 5:00.  Before I left, I put some banana bread in the oven.  It finished cooking shortly after I got home.  That was nice.  I only had a little while to rest, before I had to get ready to go to a Sharing the Caring class at USU in Logan.  I'm looking in to getting licensed to do daycare.  Roger's not thrilled about the idea, so I'm basically researching.  Learning all that I can about it, before we make our final decision.
Roger took a little time off of work tonight, so he could be home with the kids while I was in my class.  It was a lot easier to learn, when I didn't feel like I had to worry about the kids while I was gone.
I liked the things I learned at the sharing the caring class.  The more I learn, the more I want to get licensed.  I just need to get Roger on board with my ideas for a small daycare.

My treadmill came today!  It didn't get here until shortly after I left for my class.  I didn't get home until 9:40pm, so I didn't use it last night, but I'm super excited to have it.  I love my treadmill!  Roger took a picture of Alissa on the treadmill and texted it to me while I was at my class tonight.
It took me a while to calm back down and relax after I got home from my class.  Roger left to work, and the kids all fell asleep.  I stayed up late, watching my shows, then preparing all the St.Patrick's Day fun for the kids for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment