Saturday, March 19, 2016

Roger's Mom Sold Her House - March 19, 2016

Saturday - March 19th
Roger's mom sold her house and the new owners wanted to move in right away.  So, we all went to help her with the move.  She is moving in with Roger's brother, Todd.  I hope that she is happy there.  I'm sure it was hard for her to give up her house.
Roger had to work last night, so he didn't get to sleep at all before we went.  We woke up when he got home, ate breakfast, got ready and left.  I was super tired.  I fell asleep on the drive there, so the drive went really fast for me.  I felt bad sleeping, when I knew Roger was the one who really needed sleep.  But Roger said he was fine and he didn't mind if I slept.  He usually needs me awake, to help keep him awake, but for some reason, he was feeling wide awake.
We stopped at Dan's house on the way and borrowed a trailer so we could bring some of Joyce's stuff home with us.  She gave us her lawn mower, picnic table, inside table and chairs, some rugs, and other yard tools.  Also, we were planning to bring home our old futon that has been at her house since our first move.  We didn't end up bringing it home, because it was broken.
There was a lot of work to be done.  I didn't do too much, since I'm still recovering from my sickness.  I really don't want to get sick again.
The kids worked hard at first, but quickly tired out and lost interest.  Parker went to the truck to watch something on my phone and hide out.  Alissa and her cousin Emily hid in another vehicle to watch a show. 

Brinley and her cousin Caitlynn had a lot of fun playing in the backyard.  Every once in a while the neighbor's dog came out and they had fun playing and saying hi o the dog.



My nephew, Canyon walked by and told me that he would give me the honor of being able to take his picture.  Then he did this funny pose.  He is a funny guy.  He makes me laugh.

Brinley and Caitlynn
The bottom right picture is of Cindy holding up the plastic knife that she was using to prepare lunch for everybody.  She had to get creative since the dishes were all packed.  She made a salad in a grocery bag.
This is Joyce's table that she gave to us.  We are excited to have a nice table.  With the table runners on and with all the chairs, this table seats 10.
This is all our stuff, waiting to be loaded on the trailer.

Alissa was pointing out how stiff the floor felt where the wheel from grandma's bed used to be.  Alissa was cold.  she kept her hoodie on the whole day.





Grandma had some ice cream that needed to be eaten, so Brinley and Caitlynn volunteered. Cousin Stephanie helped them get it.
The kids thought it was a lot of fun to ride up and down on the lift on the back of the truck.


The kids had fun playing with their cousins.  They don't get to see each other enough.



I had to run back in to use the bathroom before we left.  I took some pictures as I did my last walk through of her house.  We made some fun memories here.  I think we'll all miss it.


The kids waited in the truck, while Roger and I tied down all the stuff on the trailer and in the back of the truck for the drive home. Alissa must have taken this picture then.
While we were tying our stuff down, the new home owner asked us to help him move the tetherball pole.  A car drove by the pile of stuff on the curb that was left for the city to pick up.  They got out and asked about it.  The new home owner was out.  They went through the stuff.  He took some things and the people in the car, went to get a truck so they could take some things.  There were quite a few things they wanted.
We headed home a little after 3:00pm.  Roger was too tired, so I had to drive us home.  It was scary pulling a trailer.  I've never done that before, so I was nervous.  I stressed myself out too much over it.  I was nervous and tense the whole drive.  I did okay.  I didn't have any problems.  But by the time we got home, my neck hurt really bad and I had a headache.  I'm not taking medicine anymore (that's my new goal - I'm returning to my old habits that I had before people started telling me how to be healthy), so I knew the headache wouldn't go away until I slept.  I didn't get to go right to sleep though.  There was a priesthood activity that Roger really wanted us to go to.  It was from 6:00 - 8:00pm.  I laid down for a little bit before we left, but it wasn't enough o get rid of the headache.
We went to the activity and my headache got worse and worse as the night went on.
We played games and ate some food at the activity.  The first game was a dice game called Tensies.  It was a fun, simple game that I know the kids will love.  I plan to teach it to them right away.  They'll love it.  Then we played a pictionary type game.  I can't remember what it was called.  It is a game that everybody seems to love and laugh really hard at.  I think my headache was too bad at this point, so I really didn't enjoy it.  After that game, we had ice cream, then we went home.
It looks like Alissa took these pictures while we were gone.  I love the funny things you can do on snap chat.
When we got home, I tucked the kids into their beds and I went straight to bed.  Roger was especially exhausted.  I'm pretty sure he was the first one asleep.  Shortly after we all climbed in bed, Alissa came up and asked if anybody else had heard the door bell.  She wondered why none of us got up to answer it.  She heard it, got up, and peaked through the peep hole.  She saw it was our across the street neighbor's so she answered it.  They came to invite us to sit around the fire with them.  She told them we were all in bed.  I feel bad that we couldn't go.  We had a lot of fun the last time we sat around the fire (before winter).  Hopefully they'll invite us again.

No comments:

Post a Comment