Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I'm Sick! - March 1, 2016

Tuesday - March 1st
Everybody in the family has been sick.  Now that they are all starting to feel better, I'm sick!  It's yucky.  I don't like to be sick.  I have a head cold.  I'm not loving it.  I have a wedding cake to make.  It is a terrible time for me to be sick.  The wedding is on the 3rd.  I baked the cakes yesterday.  I'm hoping that I will be feeling better tomorrow, so I can decorate the cake.  I really hope it all goes well.  Luckily the cake she wants is a simple cake.
I haven't done anything today.  I made the family feed themselves every meal.  I've been laying on the couch, watching tv.  I got caught up on 'The Bachelor' and 'Modern Family'.  It's been nice to relax all day, although, being sick makes it a little less nice.  The house is a disaster from me not doing anything today.  I really hope I feel better in the morning, so I can get it cleaned and decorate that cake.
Alissa has missed a lot of school.  She didn't go at all last week and she hasn't been this week.  She is feeling better today, so hopefully she will go tomorrow.  A friend texted her last night, saying that there is a rumor that Alissa decided to be homeschooled.  She wanted to know if that was true.  Alissa assured her it was not true.  Hopefully they didn't clean out her desk or anything crazy like that.  I worry with Alissa missing so many days.  I don't think she has ever missed that much school.  I panic because Alissa has had 2 friends now, who have had to go to court and been fined for missing too much school.  I really hate that they can do that.  I think that is a horrible idea.  I heard on the news that some parents have even served jail time, for their kids missing too many days of school.  That is ridiculous, horrible, and wrong!
The weather was nice and warm today.  Roger thought it would be nice for me to get out and get some fresh air.  So, that's what we did for a little while.  We sat outside and relaxed.  Brinley brought her tent out and set it up.  She brought lots of blankets and stuffed animals out for her to play with.  Parker made a bike ramp and rode his bike on it a few times.  I was surprised that it stayed up so well.



1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful when your whole family is always there for you, especially when you’re sick. At least from your posts, I can tell that you're a closely-knit family. I hope you finish the wedding cake and that you’ll still have enough strength to decorate it. Be sure to take some pictures and share them to us.

    ReplyDelete